• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    The probates weren't problematic, it was the Halifax being incompetent & losing stuff etc. that was the pain in the arse.

I did all the paperwork in work so they paid for the paper. .
    Yes, we have all that to come. But I just heard that he got the wills without me having to drive down there, so we're off to a good start!

Comment

Just remembered to submit my timesheet, and that's quite enough of that. Let the weekend commence!

I put the black bin bag out on the landing last night and the servants competent professionals of the management company duly took it away to the bins this morning. And just now, I carted a couple of bags of recycling over there myself, because I'm not yet completely spoilt

Comment

Tea: corned beef hash, as the rest of the corned beef Needed to be Eaten™

Accompanied by the remainder of the episode of Trucking Hell I started watching last week. I'm somewhat behindhand with it, for S8 has started appearing in the app!

Comment

Loony lady 1 walk today. Nice & sunny, not the all grey day the BBC weather page predicted.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Loony lady 1 walk today. Nice & sunny, not the all grey day the BBC weather page predicted.
            I'm finding all sources of weather prognostication unreliable recently: raining when it shouldn't, cloudy when it should be clear or the other way round, and so on. The recorded patterns, and the conclusions drawn therefrom, are failing us

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was House of Gucci (2021) which was more entertaining than I expected, and worth a watch if you don't have anything else to do. I notice they used the cautious form "inspired by a true story" rather than claiming it as fact, which, fair enough; I don't think anybody would expect private conversations from the 1970s to be represented to the standards of a documentary, but if some of those involved might still be alive, it's best to be careful about these things

And then, as it's Groundhog Day again (like it was yesterday, and the day before that…), Groundhog Day (1993). Always worth a watch

Finally, another couple of episodes of The Wire

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Misty.

Drizzly.

Wet.

Chilly in here at 12.5 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11.5 deg in the leanto.

1025.5 mBar, 30.283 in Hg, 769.188 Torr, 14.873 psi, (down from 1026 & a tad last night) 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of August 2019 LM & HWMBO went to the British Museum despite the queue, while NF watched "Downfall" again, and it was unpleasantly warm everywhere.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S2 E5&E6: Suzuki SJ410: the disaster that wouldn't pass an MOT when done. first: change the engine. Stone me, they all look young.

DVLA deny all knowledge. The blue one that was on the road at the time is awaiting its first MOT apparently.

Followed by:

Wheeler Dealers S3 E1&E2 MX5. It died of rust in 2013.

Still hasn't reached the scrappy according to that..

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: News Quiz repeat.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

Repair Shoppe: one with a 1954 record player. With them thermionic valve things.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Entertainment: PM. Nick Robinson <click> Don't like him or his interviewee.

Bollox about smart meters.

Tyrant: The Rise of Adolph Hitler. You know where you are with dear old Adolph. .

Dixon of Dock Green S2 E12 "Pound of Flesh (1956)". The perils of the loansharke. Dixon got it sorted.

Maigret S4 E4 "The Cellars of the Majestic(1963)". Convoluted, that Mimi, what was she like?

The Edgar Wallace Theatre: S1 E2 "The clue of the twisted candle (1960)"

Strange Evidence bollox on Blaze.

Spanish Customs thing on DMAX.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2024, 22:08.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. Dry. Bit of a breeze. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Light showers forecast late afternoon / early evening. Barometer down a bit to 1027 mBar.

I see I forgot to check in yesterday. I went to the office for a couple of workshops and to meet with a few people. Also had a call with the team I'm working with at the consultancy and it felt very much like a "let's bash LM" type meeting. Not a happy bunny.

I decided to drive in rather than let the train take the strain and it was a very good journey both ways. Only took about 30 mins in the morning and nearer 40 coming home.

Today HWMBO and I are heading off to some Asian supermarkets as he wants to pick up foodstuffs for a Lunar New Year dinner he's planning.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Cloudy day out, in the form of fairly low clumpy stuff rather than high, flat sheets. Currently 12°C, maybe getting all the way to 13° in time for Monkey Life at three, while the barometers are ever so slightly down at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Two supermarkets have been visited. The first was in Cricklewood and then we stopped off at another in Alperton on the way back.

Now having a cuppa before walking up to the high street for a few bits from the fancy Asian store.

I think the aircon on my car is misbehaving as it keeps steaming up. I will have to give the garage a call next week.

Comment

Working...
                      X