• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just been doing a bit of research on my favourite guitar. The guitar made one year before mine, by the same luthier, was supposed to go for £5000-6000. It went for slightly over £100k.

Might need to up the insurance on mine.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

And lunch, which I failed to record due to being a bit busy, was a chargrilled tandoori chicken thigh fillet in a wholemeal bap with a bag of plain crisps

Comment

The day at clientCo wasn't so terrible.

Leftovers for dinner.

Watching how carpets are made.

Comment

This evening's viewing started with Inside the Factory on the subject of bath bombs. And then, in memory of Ian Lavender and the rest, S6E1 of Dad's Army, "The Deadly Attachment", being the one with the German submariners and the famous line "Don't tell him, Pike"

And then I read more of Your Life in My Hands

Goodnight all

Comment

Breakfast - poached eggs with royal blue cheese.
            Lunch - BLT in a brown bap with lashings of ginger beer. Sainsbury own brand which is pretty much the best choice (IMHO)
            Tea - battered cod, boiled veg and tartare sauce with Hobgoblin ( there can be only one!)

Amdromeda S3 E13 on the box having watched far too much technical tulip today!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start out, but very mild, starting at 10° and getting to 13° later. The barometers, though, are well down at 994/1001mB. It's concomitantly windy and likely (55% to 60%) to rain this afternoon and evening

Comment

Morning all
                Some patchy high cloud here, but once we got going it was a warm walk (currently switched from stockman coat to light jacket, will be wearing a t-shirt under it tomorrow instead of long sleeves)
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Windy.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto, 13.8 deg in the saltinghouse.

1008 mBar, 29.76622 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 14.619 psi, (down from 1011 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of August 2019 it was warm and in an unexpected turn of events the brave little soldier next door had stirred his sticks & run the lawnmower out of petrol. Who'd have thunk? Naturally this was my responsibility to fix. FFS.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM (short cycle not shirt cycle).

Cottons out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & finished off in the TD.

Smalls in off the line & finishing off in the TD.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about electric cars. <click>

Freecell score: 90%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 67%, running average: 86%.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Entertainment: The Infinite Monkey Cage S16 "The mind vs the brain".

Hammering down now out there. Back to normal.

Oz customs thing: food. parcels with H. Chap with vials of testosterone: $3k fine plus costs. NZ chap very upset about his necklaces needing fumigation despite having been purchased in Oz.

More shirts iRoned & airing upstairs.

Lots of water this week: the TD did its job compared with the cupful last week.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S11 E14 Lincoln Continental.

Scotland Yard "The blazing caravan (1954)".

Maigret and the Fortune Hunter (2001) S10 E1.

The Cold War of Spies E2. Mr Gary Powers and Mr Abel featured.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 February 2024, 09:39.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    Some patchy high cloud here, but once we got going it was a warm walk (currently switched from stockman coat to light jacket, will be wearing a t-shirt under it tomorrow instead of long sleeves)
                    Check the forecast first - it's going to turn chilly here tomorrow and Thursday with a chance of snow, though it may be a bit warmer where you are

Comment

Morning Afternoon all

Cloudy. Dry. Very windy. Sun's trying to make an appearance. Currently 13 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

The morning has been spent arranging flat viewings and getting talked at by my pension adviser in his annual review.

Comment

Working...
                      X