• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bacon and sausage bap (white) for lunch

Brightening up a bit out there now

Comment

Made a belated new year resolution at the start of the week to stop swearing and singing songs with rude lyrics. Doing quite well. Goodbye Ruby Tuesday is now Goodbye rubic's cube day instead of rude bits poo day.

Cost me 280 quid to get all the tyre sensors replaced on me little van this morning. Moan.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea: KFC

Accompanied by an old Police Interceptors

And before and after that was the usual Saturday assortment of wildlife programmes, including the new series of Monkey Life

Comment

This evening's reading has been Your Life in My Hands by Dr Rachel Clarke, an account of her work as a junior doctor written for the purpose of refuting Jeremy Hunt's lies

Early night now, as I'm popping down south tomorrow to collect some boxes of My Stuff that have been in my parents' loft for many years, and also to sort out which of their books I want

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens. Cloudy start, similar to yesterday's, so maybe there'll be occasional brightening like there was then. Going to get a bot windy later, it seems. Currently 10°C and aiming for 13° this afternoon, while the barometers are down a bit more at 1010/1018mB

Off south soon

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1023 mBar, 30.21 in Hg, 767.3131 Torr, 14.837 psi, (down from 1025 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of August 2019 it was warm, though some were looking forward to Autumn when it wouldn't be.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Canadian customs thing.

"Rage at Dawn (1955)" with that Randolph Scott chap again.

If there's anything else I haven't found it yet.

Tea: soup etc.

Am Dro. Ogmore. Ffortrasol. Abermaw. LlanfairPG.

NCIS S20 E1. Moderately tedious.

Ruth Ellis and the Mystery Lover on TalkingPicturesTV. The "interview" of the Mystery Lover was painful.

As it transpires they're all dead: her husband, her lover, Mr Mystery, the Judge, and her two children, plus the solicitor & probably the barristers.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 February 2024, 19:59.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright but cloudy. Damp from overnight rain. No further rain forecast. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Barometer down a bit to 1025 mBar.

Not visiting Mum today. Need to do some work once HWMBO has left to return home.

Comment

Teeth in Paradise is back on TV tonight. Actually summit worth watching!
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Home again. The boxes (plastic packing cases, to be precise) turn out to be mainly full of books. What a surprise!

Though there is one box full of 1980s computer mags, just like the ones I decided to get rid of when I moved

I managed to fit most of the extra books I wanted into the bits of space that were left, so only a few had to go in a box that once contained a new four-slice toaster. I'll keep the box in case anybody wants the toaster. And although I wasn't certain they'd all fit, I managed to get everything in the car.

I brought them up and stacked most of them in the hall while I work out where there's enough space to create a makeshift good inwards department. There's nobody else on this floor to be bothered by them right now, so I just need to get them in here before they come round collecting rubbish tomorrow morning, as leaving them out there would result in an email from the management company reminding me about fire regulations.

Having got all the boxes up in the lift in three trips, I trundled the sack truck back to my storeroom and locked it away. Then I returned to the car for the one remaining item: my trombone! I don't know if the sight of me walking in with it has caused mass panic among the neighbours, but I've stuck it at the back of the wardrobe and have no intention of attempting to play it in the immediate future, so they can relax for now

Comment

Late lunch of a bacon bap (white)

Comment

Working...
                      X