• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mundane laundry has been done and dried

Comment

HWMBO went home and I got the bit of work done I planned to do.

Laundry in the WM.

Watching tat on the telly box.

Comment

After the journey south, doing stuff there, getting back, and unpacking, I was somehow still in time to be able to watch the usual Canadian borders and NZ policing stuff. It's almost as if getting up early gives you time to do things, but that surely can't be true?

Tea was leftover KFC because I couldn't be bothered doing anything involving effort

And later viewing has been the new episode of Ambulance followed by a couple of old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

I also managed to make room for the remaining boxes and bring them in from the outside hall

Monday again tomorrow. I don't know why they keep doing that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy. Dull. Sun slowly getting up. Dry with no rain forecast. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer continues down to 1022 mBar

Off to clientCo office this morning. No doubt I'll get another roasting because I won't create data out of thin air.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy start again, but also mild again: currently 7°C and heading for 11°, while the barometers are down a little at 1006/1014mB. Slightly breezy still, too

Comment

Morning all
              Overcast but dry.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1023 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of August 2019, in those far off pre plague days, the idle knut next door had, for unknown reasons, bought an inflatable raft from Lidl(tm). Cue the Aldi Lidl song. Said inflatable has remained unused & deflated at the bottom of the garden ever since. The weather was warm.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. It managed not to rain on me.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc. The tomato was close to the edge.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click> TWATO.

Freecell score: 88%, running average: 86%.

Oz customs thing: undeclared food, undeclared cigarettes, drug indications. Heroin concealed in the covers of a book. Some weird stuffed "animal": rabbit with horns & wings on a chunk of wood with bark & moss: it got nuked with Co60 at a guess.

Another half an hour of my life spent looking at the "We used to work for Granada TV Rentals" thing on faceache.

Tea: soup etc.

The Mentalist S1 E9

NCIS S20 E2 "Daddy Issues". Better than E1. Which wasn't difficult.

The Mentalist S1 E10

Car SOS catchup on Thursday at 22:00.

A Cold War of Spies on PBS. E1. E2 Tues, E3 Wed, E4 Thurs.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 5 February 2024, 23:37.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Flowers coming out on tree next door and was a bumblebee flying around. Not seen one in early February before.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Flowers coming out on tree next door and was a bumblebee flying around. Not seen one in early February before.
                      That reminds me, I saw one at the bottom of my parents' garden yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X