• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of rain all afternoon here, which I’m waiting out at the new place while watching some Australians hunting sapphires for a change

I’ll have to head back soon even if it carries on though. The bed hasn’t been assembled yet, but I’ve tidied up the DVD pile that was spread out on the floor and assembled the table in the area near the serving hatch, then arranged the chairs around it so they’re no longer blocking the hall

Comment

Home again

Before I left, I thought I'd just check that all the bits of the bed were ready for assembly. Cue major panic when I couldn't find two of the four bags of fasteners, leading me to wonder if they'd somehow still been tucked in one of the boxes I'd taken to the tip

But they turned out to be tucked away inside some stuff in a separate little box. I hadn't looked in there yet because those parts are from much later in the assembly process and have nothing to do with the items in question, but I suppose they have some algorithm that crams stuff in wherever there's a bit of space, and they did fill that gap very neatly

Anyway, once that was resolved I headed back. And now the oven's warming up ready for the lamb to go on, and I'm going to have a couple of jam doughnuts to tide me over until teatime

Comment

Doh! Just realised the potato peeler is over at the new place, as are any knives that might be suitable for peeling. Ah well, roast lamb with chips it is

And I've got a feeling the Yorkshire puds are there too. I can't be bothered making any, so I'll have to do without them too

On the bright side, I bought some pigs in blankets today

Comment

There's been much rain all day today.

The remaining ice has been washed away and it's unlikely to freeze as it seems to be ramping up in temperature rather than getting cooler overnight

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            There's been much rain all day today.

The remaining ice has been washed away and it's unlikely to freeze as it seems to be ramping up in temperature rather than getting cooler overnight
            Yes, it's going to get warmer all night - it's up to 7° here now, and going to reach 12° by sunrise

Comment

It's warmer out there than it is in here.

Meanwhile on the 24th of March 2019 NF remarked that the buds were bursting on the horse chestnut trees across the road. We shall miss these status updates.

In other other other news, it's still raining out there.

I may have to turn the electric blanket down tonight if this remarkable heat contines.

Phew wot a scorcher. .

I noticed yesterday that the internal guttering in the garage had done a fine job of collecting the runoff of the condensation from the roof. So much so that it had frozen in the little bucket that collects it.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 December 2022, 21:48.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Roast lamb dinner was very nice; it turned out I hadn't taken the Yorkshire puds to the new place after all, so that's one less thing to transport

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Meanwhile on the 24th of March 2019 NF remarked that the buds were bursting on the horse chestnut trees across the road. We shall miss these status updates.
                  They aren't across the road - one's in our front garden up by the pavement, and the other in a similar location next door

I'll miss them, but there are lots of trees around the new place; it's the kind of area estate agents call a "leafy suburb". There's a very fine cedar tree in the back garden of the big Victorian house next door, beneath my new bedroom window.

Comment

Just changed the shower hose using one I bought the other week from Toolstation.

It bloody leaked.

Changed the rubber rings to the old ones and the leaking stopped.

I examined the old and new ones, and the old ones are slightly thicker.

Old shower hose was from Wickes but we have no nearby Wickes or Homebase anymore.

Even Toolstation has moved around the corner.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

After some New Zealand motorway cops stuff earlier, tonight's viewing has been several old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Still raining off and on here, but it's up to 10°C now

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X