• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Lunch was interrupted by a meeting to advise me that my role was not being extended next year as they are canning three projects (one of which I told them was a waste of $1.5m when it started)
    With me going, that means there's probably a dozen or more permies going too - or vice versa, they are going, so there's no need for me. Lots of internal meetings going on this afternoon as they find out. I might go walk The DogTW when the weather improves
    Doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      The Met Office weather app didn't lie - the sun has come out. Reflecting off my monitor. I really ought to consider changing my desk layout.

Sadly, the rain is forecast to return in the next hour or two.
      We got a very sunny spell mid-afternoon when the rain finally stopped, but it soon clouded over again. Just the occasional spot of light drizzle now though

Comment

Tea: ribs and chips

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Doomed!
          Had a lovely walk on the beach with The DogTW lots of cliff falls in the last couple of days.

It appears over 50 IT staff have been let go.

January is the right time to prune trees, particularly apples. And we have apple trees that need pruning. I’m also working on where the new veg beds go, so I might need to hire a mini digger for a couple of days.
          Next on the list, well I told The WifeTM that I didn’t want a still yet, as it took too much cider to make brandy (10/1). Having run out of bottles and with about 45 litres to go, maybe it’s not such a bad idea…
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's car was a Capri, albeit an American variant. Not sure what the purists would make of the homemade bumpers they put on it, but they found somebody to buy it

And then the usual gold digging malarkey.

And tonight's main viewing was S2E3 and S3E1 of Rise of the Nazis - a programme which seems increasingly misnamed as we move towards April 1945

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              Blue skies and sunshine, but wet underfoot on our walk earlier.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp. No current precipitation.

Quite bright.

Blue sky in parts.

Colder at 15.1 deg in here, 17 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto, condensation on the bedroom window.

986.5 mBar, 29.13 in Hg, 739.9 Torr, 14.307 psi (unchanged from last night), 77% RH.

Wednesday.

Meanwhile on 27th Feb 2019 there was much discussion of Dexter's dead undead dad, The Warriors, 48 Hours, Time after Time, Morgan: A suitable case for treatment, penguins, and my then soon to be next door neighbours, the idle pair. Oh how I wish we'd sold the house to someone else.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine & cold breeze. The drizzle returned towards the end as it turned greyer & greyer.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Very grey out there now.

I can feel an afternoon of potching with radios coming on.

Which went well. Not..

Dug out a couple of books: Terman: Radio Engineer's Handbook (1943), and Langford-Smith: Radio Designer's Handbook (1954 with ammendments). Not that it helped much.

Ho hum.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM (visiting an Amazon warehouse).

Wheeler Dealers S15 E2 1980s VW Rabbit GTI. Bought for $2500, Total:$6k77, Sold: $9k5. So that's wot the inside of an injection distributor thingie looks like.

Sounds like it's pissing down out there and colder with it.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 November 2022, 19:32.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Cloudy out but with an occasional glimmer of sunlight filtering through the clouds low on the horizon. A shower passed over not long ago, and it looks like it may carry on that way for a while. Currently 7°C, probably going to get to a mere 10°, and the barometers are staying low at 983/991mB

Comment

Morning all

There was much rain when I got up but now it's bright and sunny with occasional fluff. Looks like it's going to be a sunshine and showers kind of day. Currently 10 degreees with a high of 11 expected. Barometer down to 994 mBar.

Today's challenge is working out why the report designers are using one QA environment and the DevOps team will only grant access to a different one.

Comment

Lunch was a Pukka steak slice

I get very tired in the afternoons at the moment. Wondering if that lurgy I had recently was a mild case of covid, and this is the aftermath

Comment

Working...
                      X