• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup

Raining a lot here now

Comment

Windy and raining.

Bed linen washed and draped about.

Feeling absolutely rubbish. Worse than at the weekend.

Lunch was a fresh-baked Waitrose ciabatta roll with yuzu mustard, cucumber, tomato and porchetta ham. Washed down with a lemsip.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Email from the solicitor asking me to confirm that I still want to exchange and complete on the same day, next Monday. Of course I do. In my various researches, I haven't found any explanation of the customary delay between the two that confers any benefit to either the buyer or the seller
        is that some kinda record from offer to completion?
        Took us two months back in March for a cash buy

Comment

Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

is that some kinda record from offer to completion?
          Took us two months back in March for a cash buy
          It'll be eleven weeks from the day I viewed the place to the day of completion, which I think is pretty good going for a leasehold property with a mortgage

Comment

Juts popped out the back. It's horrid out there. Do not recommend

Comment

It'll be eleven weeks from the day I viewed the place to the day of completion, which I think is pretty good going for a leasehold property with a mortgage
              yep, i think so too. we're still waiting for our title deed though

Comment

Phone call from a DM at ClientGov about the possible new project. Looks like it should be a go, she's just got to sort out some stuff, confirm rates, and so on. Could be starting in the New Year, might even be before, though she said they can be flexible with dates and times because of my forthcoming move

Comment

yep, i think so too. we're still waiting for our title deed though
                  I live about ten minutes' walk from the Land Registry - want me to pop in and tell them to get a move on next time I'm walking into town?

Comment

I live about ten minutes' walk from the Land Registry - want me to pop in and tell them to get a move on next time I'm walking into town?
                    got a cricket bat?

Comment

got a cricket bat?
                      Just had a look on Google Maps satellite view and their car park is almost empty (imagery from this year, confirmed by checking which cars are parked out the back by mine) so they're probably all working from home anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X