• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bed has been made! Before bedtime, which is a bonus.

Comment

Thinking about what colour to decorate the living room in the new flat. Turns out it's very hard to pick a colour that you can be sure won't get on your nerves after a while. Might just leave it as it is (a very pale blue) for now

Comment

Tea: oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Thinking about what colour to decorate the living room in the new flat. Turns out it's very hard to pick a colour that you can be sure won't get on your nerves after a while. Might just leave it as it is (a very pale blue) for now
          If it's not offensive, I tend to live with things as they are before making any changes. Once you get used to how the light changes over the course of the day and how you use / move about the room, it becomes easier to decide on a colour. The downside of that is you've usually gotten your furniture in place and you then have to move it out the way to do the painting.

Comment

Ents was mostly tat but I did enjoy the latest episode of Dr Hannah Fry's The Secret Genius of Modern Life earlier. It's interesting to see the things our modern technologies are built on.

Off for another early night because of

Comment

Today’s dinner was the first meal to stay in me more than an hour for a few days.
              A bit of light gardening done earlier, a short walk, and a bit of prep for December.

Now TFBSZ
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

If it's not offensive, I tend to live with things as they are before making any changes. Once you get used to how the light changes over the course of the day and how you use / move about the room, it becomes easier to decide on a colour. The downside of that is you've usually gotten your furniture in place and you then have to move it out the way to do the painting.
                Yes, that sounds like a good idea. I was thinking it'd be easy to do while the place is still empty, but it's probably worth waiting to see what would work and accepting the minor hassle of shifting stuff when the time comes

Comment

Tonight's teatime viewing was Time Team, in which they scratted about in the remains of a big house that was besieged and destroyed by Cromwell & Co. during the Civil War

Then an old episode of 24 Hours in A&E

And finally a gold hunter spinoff in which some experts go in and spend a week trying to help ones who are failing miserably at their goal of finding any gold. I missed this last Monday, so it was the repeat.

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the long ago when I bought the house I painted the living room some creamy white colour, the kitchen is a greeny white colour, the front room office is "Daffodil white" which is rather more yellow than expected, the hall is some other colour off white, while the back bedroom and the box room are orchid white, the back bedroom taking two coats to cover the previous pink.

The only room that's unpainted is the front bedroom, which, being blue, I left alone.

Morning.

Wet. Wetter than an otter's pocket.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Sunless.

Dreary.

Cold in here at 12.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

988 mBar, 29.175 in Hg, 741.06 Torr, 14.33 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 77% RH.

Monday.

The telex machine is glowing particularly brightly this morning, Roy, the candle that burns twice as bright burns half as long. Or something.

Meanwhile back on the 3rd of March 2019 I had a nice bonfire coz it was breezy, while NF was indulging in Cajun chicken or some such delicacy.

Aha! so that's why there's no water in the dehumidifier: it's pissed it all over the carpet. I wonder how long that'll take to dry. .

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The clouds cleared.

The sun came out.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. It's quite cold out there.

The wet spot on the carpet so generously provided by the dehumidifier is drying out nicely.

Oddly the RH on the barometer has gone up despite it being remarkably dry in here now. On the other hand, the atmospheric pressure went down to 985 mBar for a while but now it's going up again at 986.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with peas n rice, some fruit cocktail, 2 yogs, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM. There seems to have been some sort of Association Football match somewhere hot.

Wheeler Dearlers S15 E5 1991 Alfa Romeo 164L. Another Italian car that only exists because it's in California. Lots of those parts look like they came straight out of the Fiat parts bin.

Abandoned Engineering (part of). The Dewdrop Hotel New Orleans. WTF did that have to do with engineering? It was all about the Jim Crow laws and a fecking hotel. . And now a bastion in Indonesia. On the Spice Islands. Banda. I read the book. "Nathaniel's Nutmeg", mostly memorable for Nathaniel not appearing for a hundred pages, then dying after about 50 more. The largest Soviet exercise: Zapad-81 (West 81).

Ghosts US S1 E2. Mildly amusing. Laughed out loud once or twice.

Oak Island nutjobbery: S9 E11 "A boatload of clues". Wood, more wood, wood on wood, a bent nail. Lookout: they found some grass in a core of mud. Gary's found some wood in the swamp. Gary finds an old penny.

The Repair Shoppe: S5 E1: Water damaged table, coconut corer, stuffed panda. Seen it before.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 November 2022, 22:26.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but reasonably bright. Dry at the moment but rain forecast for most of the day. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 9 expected. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

Still full of snot. Very bored with it now.

Comment

Working...
                      X