• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Never Rarely Sometimes Always (2020), concerning a young woman from a small town in Pennsylvania who, finding herself pregnant, has to travel to New York to seek an abortion, with her cousin travelling with her for moral support. It's good. I do wonder why small towns in the USA that would be regarded as extremely socially backward by the denizens of the remotest villages of Devon don't seem to want to become part of the modern age. But every other source of information I have suggests that this film is extremely accurate in its depiction of such communities

And then I rewatched Interstellar (2014) because it must be a while since I've watched that

Finally, an S1 episode of The West Wing. It's the one where it's revealed that the President has MS, so at least it moves the story along a bit

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

<- manly

Hope it's a mild case
      Ta, just sniffy & coffy like a cold, nowt else.

PS You do realise those smilies should keep a 2 metre distance!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Frosty.

Colder in here at 12.6 deg, 14 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the lean to, 3.6 deg in the salting house.

1012.5 mBar, 29.899 in Hg, 759.437 Torr, 14.685 psi, (up from 1009 last night), 77% RH.

Saturday.

Meanwhile back on 1st March 2019 there was much discussion of assorted cinematic epics, Dexter's dead undead dad, 48 Hours, A Canterbury Tale, Ocean's 8 (with the obnoxious Corden which I didn't know or I wouldn't have bought it), the scratched to buggery dvd of The Big Easy, and the arrival of yet more boxes from the idle pair next door.

Bedsheets in the WM.

Maybe it won't be freezing out there by the time they're done.

Sheets out of the WM and pegged out on the line in the sunshine. It's as still as can be apart from some lunatic shooting on the marsh.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S7 E10 2001 Subaru WRX. Bought £3250. Total: £5255 Sold: £5400. Programme made sometime in 2009: MOT expired: September 2012.

Aha! Ed uses a bolt wrapped in masking tape to align the clutch plate, similar to my bit of plastic pipe wrapped in insulating tape.

It's still still.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of more toasted than usual slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Money Box: doom. The Fast Show. Tedious. I'm too old for this crap.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom and wan sunshine. Shouldn't have washed the sheets today, there's no wind.

Speaking of wind, I think I'll cook some chilli con carne and some lentil <pffffft> soup seeing as I've got the makings. I'll have to put a shilling in the meter though.

Chilli con carne cooked. Hope it's better than the bol.

Lentil <pfffft> soup cooked. Seems pretty tasteless.

Tea: 170gm of spag (an attempt at portion control this week, look like I normally use about 190gm dry weight) with some pretty meh bol, some fruit cocktail, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 85%.

Entertainment: Maigret S4 E7 "The Taste of Power" 1963. That was rather good.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E7. Chap with a "testicle" under his chin: cyst, chap with gout: two big lumps, one on his elbow, one on his knee, lady with psoriasis, lady with a lipoma.

"The World's biggest bomb" on PBS: Castle Bravo & The Tsar Bomba: 15Mt against an unusable 50Mt (throttled back from 100Mt by using a lead tamper rather than DU).
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2022, 21:56.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but bright enough. Dry. Currently 10 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Was rudely dragged out of bed by the phone ringing at 8am. It was BT callminder telling me my Mum had sent a text to my landline last night, "where is my diary".

As I was up, I made a lemsip and went back to bed for a couple of hours. Sleep was neither forthcoming nor restful. Still full of snot. Buy shares in Kleenex!

Now trying to muster the energy to drive down to see Mum. The covid test caused a flurry of sneezing which has worn me out. It was negative so no exotic diseases in my house, thank you very much.

Comment

Decided to stay at home, tucked up in my blanket.

Mum duly informed. I'll try and get down there tomorrow.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It's been fairly sunny, but not very warm at 10°C - now declining to 9°, I see. But the barometers continue upwards at 1004/1012mB

Late lunch has been a smoked pancetta omelette

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

I've managed to use up half a box of Kleenex Balsam Extra Large tissues. Where does all the snot come from??

I have eaten much rubbish food, couldn't seem to stop eating. Obviously needing the energy to fight off the viral invader.

Binge watched Ghosts, only three episodes left.

Bed time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Chinese
                    Very nice too

That might be the last time I go there, depending on what I feel like eating over the next few Saturdays

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I've managed to use up half a box of Kleenex Balsam Extra Large tissues. Where does all the snot come from??

I have eaten much rubbish food, couldn't seem to stop eating. Obviously needing the energy to fight off the viral invader.

Binge watched Ghosts, only three episodes left.

Bed time soon.
                      The US version of "Ghosts" starts tomorrow at 20:30 on BBC3.

Whilst on the 2nd of March 2019 NF was, unusually for a Saturday, in the Chinese whereas I'd located a stuffed lamb's heart in the depths of the freezer.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 November 2022, 21:55.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X