• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was some First World War era Cadillac, though they somehow ended up with two of them by the end. And neither of them got to go in the Peking-Paris Rally, which appeared to be the original intention

As usual, the opal hunters spent a lot of time complaining about how badly things were going then made loads of cash at the end.

And whilst dining, the Glasgow station programme, which among other delights featured the Network Rail train that checks the tracks and overhead cables for potential problems and is so laden with sensors that, if I understood correctly, it gathers 14TB of data per journey

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

PWR.the Walk is just around the garden
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Ver gloomy and rainy start out today, though I think the rain is in hiatus right now. Currently 13°C because of overnight cloud keeping some warmth in, but not expected to rise above 14°, with the rain continuing until mid-afternoon. The barometers have fallen faster than Liz Truss, plummeting to 999/1007mB

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Morning all

PWR.the Walk is just around the garden
          The DogTW wasn't happy, and 2 minutes after that post, she insisted on a better walk. Thankfully the rain had eased up a bit.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The car earlier was some First World War era Cadillac, though they somehow ended up with two of them by the end. And neither of them got to go in the Peking-Paris Rally, which appeared to be the original intention
            And that's the final Edd China ep, this evening's being a clip show.

I read somewhere that Edd bought the two Cadillacs though considering the bad blood arising who knows what really went on?

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Warm in here at 17.2 deg, 18.5 deg (post kettle) in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto, 15.3 deg in the saltinghouse.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 752.3 Torr, 14.55 psi, (untapped IIRC but showing 1013 last night/yesterday), 75% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling and waste disposal engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Should have washed the cottons yesterday, but we'll give today a try instead.

Meanwhile back in 2nd February 2019 an earnest discussion took place regarding "bob a job Week". .

Cottons in the WM.

My word of last night was "Barratry". Well there's a thing.

Cottons out of the WM and hanging on the line.

Two pieces of angle iron extracted from the ground quite easily, though I used a hydraulic jack rather than a screw jack.

The piece of angle iron in the hole was another matter.

Failed to weld another bit of angle to it, nearly got arc eye.

Then the drizzle started, so Cottons off the line & back into the salting house.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red pippy corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score in the drizzle: 91%, running average: 85% (84.92%).

Drizzle stopped.

Cottons back out on washing line.

Further attempts to excavate the remaining piece of angle: unsuccessful.

Drilled hole through new piece & old piece, fitted what I suspect is a Whitworth nut & bolt then tried again: this time it worked: angle iron removed. Stone me it was difficult and the air turned very very blue for quite a long time.

Hole filled back in.

Progress made on fettling the new square for lawn seeding (though that's a fair way off since I've got to dig it all over, then level it).

Tea: chilli con carne with rice (I think the chilli powder is broken, it doesn't seem hot enough), some mango slices, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertaiment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S13 E18: clip show. Lots of "extended scenes" which one can just about detect a difference.

I rather fancied one of those load leveller thingies Edd uses on the hoist until I discovered they're £90. Not that I'm likely to be taking engines out & back in any time soon.

Loved the 34 Edd China takes for the 912E ep. .

Wheeler Dealers S17 E2: TVR Griffith. Oh Dear(tm). The last TVR refurb required a new chassis, rust proofing being outside the terms of reference apparently.

Bought for £15k, total spend: £16k7, sold for £22k.

Breaking News!: Elvis (the Edd China/Ant replacement grease monkey) doesn't (or didn't in this ep) use a load leveller.

Breaking News 2: Trucking Hell was another repeat. .

Ancient Aliens is muted.

Now it's "Find it, Fix it, Drive it". 3 cylinder tractor. Bought for £2k3. With a steam clean included. Not innerested in tractors.

"Derelict Rescue" on HGTV. Some lunatics renovating a 500 year old cottage.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 October 2022, 21:42.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning.

Grey, wet and dark.

I’m eating breakfast with the light on.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Well, NF and I had an entertaining evening on Twitter last night.

Every tweet a gem…
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Morning all

Overcast, damp, misty. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 16 forecast. Rain expected all day, easing up this afternoon to just be cloudy. Barometer down to 1005 mBar.

I'm hoping someone moves a car out of the street parking bays so I can move my car into it. Then I'll have room for the hire car to be deposited when it arrives around 5pm this afternoon. Unfortunately, my little office is at the back of the house so I can't monitor the street.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    Well, NF and I had an entertaining evening on Twitter last night.

Every tweet a gem…
                    I did like Susie Dent's word of the day, yesterday:

https://twitter.com/susie_dent/statu...57962426118145

(is there a way to embed tweets on the forum?)

I rarely use twitter, other than to bitch at companies. Sounds like I missed out.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I rarely use twitter, other than to bitch at companies. Sounds like I missed out.
                      A lot of people were saying it was the best night on there since David Cameron ****ed a pig's head

Comment

Working...
                      X