• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: sausages and bacon sandwiched in buttered wholemeal toast

I've worked out how the extractor thingy over the hob works, I think

Sunny afternoon now, and I must away to the storage unit to get the last of my boxes out. Probably a couple of trips in the car to avoid overexerting myself at this end

Comment

<long list of swear words> Nasty drizzly day. Missed out on meet up this morning as having new tyres fitted. AND ****** water supply lost again!!!!

PS <More swearing>
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The storage unit has been emptied and the final paperwork done, so that chapter of my life draws to a close

I was going to go to the old place for some stuff, but it's getting to rush hour now so I'll leave it until this evening

Once the last of the storage bits had been unpacked, I took my eight foot stepladder over to the garage as it's just in the way in here. And then I popped round to Sainsbury's Local to get some plasters for the worst of the cuts on my hands.

And as it was open, I also popped into the butchers, which I used to visit a lot when I lived around here in the 1980s. It's not the same chap now of course, but it still has an excellent reputation. I just got a couple of pork chops to be going on with which were cut for me there and then, lovely and thick. I shall report back on their merits relative to the thick-cut Sainsbury's Taste the Difference ones

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

https://symbolismandmetaphor.com/see...and-symbolism/

No idea if the presence of a pigeon has any meaning.
          A crow and a magpie had a bit of a kerfuffle when one wandered too close to the patch of lawn the other was inspecting. Nothing drastic, just a bit of flapping. No idea if it's am omen

And a squirrel came ambling by as I got back from Sainsbury's Local.

Comment

Popped over to the old place for stuff like my phone and watch chargers, and a load of kitchen stuff. I now have my apron, though it's too late for the t-shirt I was wearing while frying sausages earlier

Coming back took much longer than the eight minutes or so I was expecting because of an RTC in the worst possible position. I'm not even sure how they managed to have an RTC there; it's a perfectly straight, wide stretch of road with excellent visibility, no side roads at that point, and a 30mph limit. But they did it, and it's just before one of the very few river crossings near the centre of the city, so the effects had probably spread three miles back to the motorway junction by the time I got through

Comment

I went for a drive earlier today to discover what they had knocked down a couple of large houses for is not a block of flats but another care home.

The thing is there are at least 4 others in the area and one always advertises it has spaces.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I went for a drive earlier today to discover what they had knocked down a couple of large houses for is not a block of flats but another care home.

The thing is there are at least 4 others in the area and one always advertises it has spaces.
                There are a number of reasons why a care home have spaces - often they desperately need private residents to cover the short fall that comes from the lower rates councils pay. So you end up paying top rates for a lower quality services compared to elsewhere as it’s the only way to get the figures to stack up.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Tea, as foretold, has been a pork chop with slightly spicy potato wedges, peas and gravy

Only one chop in the end as although I cooked both (in the Remoska), they didn't shrink much at all and remained very thick, and having both would have been massive overkill

Very nice flavour to them, and well worth it. I'm looking forward to making the butcher's a regular haunt; you can't beat having somewhere like that five minutes' walk away

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was Alien³ (1992) which is OK, I reckon

And then an episode of The West Wing.

I missed the car earlier other than a few minutes at the end, but it was a TR7. And the gold diggers have started a new season. I assume they get paid by the TV company for their participation, which is why they get new people joining who don't seem to have a clue and can, despite their constant sob stories about how desperate they are for money, get away with finding about three grammes in total

It's getting foggy out. It's easier to see fogginess here; the tops of some distant trees are looking very nebulous

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      PS 2.59 post? You have some odd bedtimes Fizzy Knickers.
                      Judging by the living room lights in the Art Deco blocks, they go to bed quite early round here. Maybe I'll become "that chap in the New Block [it's nearly as old as I am] who stays up till all hours", assuming any of them actually notice or give a damn, or even talk to each other

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X