• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    A trip to the tip is first on the job list today.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Dull and damp looking. I think I heard some rain in the wee hours. Currently 6 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Cloud cover not likely to shift and rain forecast this afternoon. Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

I still haven't gone outside to buy anything for my Mum. I must do it today.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tea, as foretold, has been a pork chop with slightly spicy potato wedges, peas and gravy

Only one chop in the end as although I cooked both (in the Remoska), they didn't shrink much at all and remained very thick, and having both would have been massive overkill

Very nice flavour to them, and well worth it. I'm looking forward to making the butcher's a regular haunt; you can't beat having somewhere like that five minutes' walk away
        A good butcher! Superb. There's a decent butcher and fishmonger about a 10 min bus ride away from me but I'm struggling to find a decent fruit and veg shop. Back in Kensington the butcher and greengrocer were literally around the corner and a good fishmonger was about a 10 min bus ride away.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday apparently.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Wet.

Misty.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 68% RH (GDR hair), 70% (Lidl electric).

999 mBar, 29.5 in Hg, 749.3116 Torr, 14.4893 psi, (down from 1001 last night).

Meanwhile on the 28th of March 2019 NF was forgetting how something he'd written the day before worked while I was watching "Tracker" and "I, Frankenstein" for want of anything better to do.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 85%.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, blackcurrant jam and marmalade on slices of Morrisons multiseed toast and wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, 0.91*1.63 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread: massagers. . TWAO.

Minor potching about. Couldn't find a 180 deg 5 pin DIN plug to stick on an XT keyboard.

Tea: chilli con carne (last portion) with rice, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM

Wheeler Dealers S16 E3 : Audi S4 Avant: Bought: $7k, Total: $7685, Sold: $12,250. Much potching about basically taking the front off the car to change the belts, renew oils seals, renew gaskets on the rocker covers, fix the ash tray (yes, really), fix the cup holder (yes, really), get the tv fixer to change the dot matrix display on the dash, remove a dent with a long sticky thing abit like a stick with a bend in the end.

NCIS S17 E4 "Someone Else's Shoes": the one about homeless veterans. No Ziva.

NCIS S17 E5 "Wide awake": the hypnotic suggestion one. No Ziva.

No S17 Wheeler Dealers today.

Trucking Hell S6 E12.

"Pink Floyd: A Technicolour Dream" though there's not much PF in it so far, Just Rog & Nick as talking heads (presumably the other two being sort of dead when it was made, and D. Gilmour not being a member yet).

Feck me this really isn't very inneresting. 50 minutes in & the most one could say is that Syd walked on tip toe. .

It got a bit better after a while. Made in 2008. First time I've seen it.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 December 2022, 00:04.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, currently 6°C and getting to 9° later. The barometers are down-but-not-much at 990/998mB

Comment

Afternoon.

Just had a washing machine flood. I need to remind myself I call out a plumber check s/he hasn't moved the washing machine waste hose.

(And yes I have had female plumbers.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Afternoon.

Just had a washing machine flood. I need to remind myself I call out a plumber check s/he hasn't moved the washing machine waste hose.

(And yes I have had female plumbers.)
                When we went to disconnect my washing machine to move it the other day, the tap wouldn't turn off when the van guy tried to screw the hose - well, it turned off, but that didn't actually stop water coming out of it. And the stopcock in the flat had jammed too, though it was OK when I last used it a couple of years ago. I had to go down to the cellar and turn off the water there, then later I had to go to B&Q and buy a blanking cap to screw on the tap before I could turn it back on

Comment

Just realised it was Winter Solstice yesterday, so belated greetings!

It starts to get lighter now - tomorrow will be a whole seven seconds longer (here) than today

Enter your location here to see your local figures: Sunrise and Sunset Calculator

Comment

Popped to the shops. Didn't find my Mum a present in the time I had to dash about but I did find a nice card. I did, however find a nice vase for me.

Nationwide decided to close for lunch so I couldn't pay a cheque in. It's not everyday HMRC send a tax refund, and I wanted it banked before they changed their mind (relates to my Dad, not me).

Lunch was a cheese and ham roll.

Comment

Mains water off again for third time! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Well, fourth time including my own leakage problem.

Not had a shower for about a week. Must be even smellier than usual.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X