• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mmm the skies are going grey again.

After a morning of raining cats and dogs.

Need to go to the supermarket later after half my delivery didn't turn up. How can you have no mince pies?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Still drizzle here, but it's expected to stop in a while.

The very quiet road suddenly has a traffic jam

Turns out there's been an accident on the busy road that runs parallel, so everybody's being diverted down here and having to queue to get out on to the main road at the top

Meanwhile in the kitchen, I've gone for both broth and scouse; the broth is on its way to completion in the slow cooker, and the scouse will be made in the InstantPot™ this evening

Comment

Ham bap for lunch

The rain stopped then started again, but it's only drizzle really

Currently reading the manual for the Bosch washer-dryer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Insomnia reading surely?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

A man reading a manual - what is the world coming to??? and indeed
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              mmm the skies are going grey again.

After a morning of raining cats and dogs.

Need to go to the supermarket later after half my delivery didn't turn up. How can you have no mince pies?
              Waitrose by any chance?

HWMBO was very upset by the lack of mince pies at his local store yesterday

Comment

I went to the shops earlier and I successfully banked the HMRC cheque, withdrew cash to buy fish and chips tomorrow (dinner for me and Mum), picked up some Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey (my brother has no taste), and posted items at the post office.

Lunch was the last roll filled with the last of the cheese and ham.

I might clock off as I'm not doing any work and am just writing lists of things to do next week.

Comment

The Super Monkey Car started!

It needed a jump from the Toyota, and it took ages turning over before it fired up. Then I had to hold it at around 3000rpm for a few minutes before it was finally running steadily on all cylinders and not showing signs of stopping when I eased off. But after that, it ran smoothly for about ten or fifteen minutes while I ditzed around. It even managed to inflate its own tyres with the electric pump, so the cigarette lighter socket still works

So I've established that:
                  • It starts
                  • It runs
                  • It goes forwards
                  • It turns
                  • It comes to a halt
                  • It goes backwards
                  which is as much as one can really demand of a car of its age

Step aside, Wheeler Dealers bloke

Comment

Collection of the revived Super Monkey Car for transportation to the garage that awaits it here has been booked for some time on Tuesday afternoon

Comment

Walking with loony lady 2 this afternoon and a branch snapped off a tree and landed about 10 feet in front of us. Probably not big enough to injure us severely but it sure would have hurt.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X