• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Despite all my rushing around in the car today, the watch has only credited me with seven minutes of exercise

The rain appears to be holding off right now, so I shall risk going for my walk
    The rain was not, in fact, holding off

But it wasn't particularly heavy either, so I carried on. Even did the full two miles/thirty minutes, despite the seven in the bank. It's quite bracing out there, but it's nice to stretch the old (and getting older) legs and get a breath of fresh air. My hood stayed up throughout though

Anyway, the upshot is: green and red rings both closed

Comment

Dinner was Indian takeaway, lots extra ordered to keep me fed all weekend.

Ents so far: Great British Menu Finals - Fish Course, Mock The Week (the one I saw being recorded on Tuesday), and Great British Sewing Bee.

Comment

Along with a bit of Trucking Hell I had a most excellent tea: one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks, with the usual chips, beans and fried onions

Chucking down outside now

Comment

"Get an early night" I told myself. "You'll feel better for it" I told myself.

So anyway, tonight's major motion picture premiere was Demolition Man (1993). I started out assuming this would be some kind of straight-up sci-fi thing, and therefore got mildly annoyed by what seemed like clumsy tropes, but it finally dawned on me that it's supposed to be funny and is parodying that stuff. Once I'd grasped that I started enjoying it a lot more. It's excellent IMHO, but take my tip and realise that sooner

And then I decided to rewatch the excellent augmented reality thriller Anon (2018). It nicks a lot of its initial premises from the underlying premises of at least a few Black Mirror plots, but it's none the worse for that. I think it's very good

So time for bed The Shield, to wit, S3E10 What Power Is... (TV Episode 2004) and S3E11 Strays (TV Episode 2004), in which even the characters are starting to wonder why everything is so terrible, though it never occurs to them that maybe they themselves are the problem; and that's on multiple nested levels, like a matryoshka, so I doubt they'll ever get things sorted out. But that's what we watch it for

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

White sky.

Currently sunless though there was some earlier.

Dry, as in it's not pissing down right now.

Getting darker.

17.8 deg in here.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 58% RH.

Saturday apparently.

Walk walked.

It started picking with rain in the last 300 yards.

Looking very black over Crynant.

Bedding wash done in WM2 & now hanging on the line to dry a bit before meeting the TD.

Freecell score whilst waiting for WM2 to shift from "0:01" to "End" which appears to take eons: 100% of 10, running average: 84% (83.88%).

Lunch: Heinz baked beans on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly on Morrisons oat & barley bread, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, the sun's out.

The afternoon's attempt at Freecell: 84%, running average 84%.

I shouldn't have bothered.

Tea: spag with more of that minced lamb bol, only two portions left after this thank feck, some tinned mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (if you can term it that): The Eagles live from The L. A. Forum.

There's 3 hours of it, but "Hotel California" will be in the bit I don't listen to because I'm going to watch "Inferno (1953)" instead at 20:10.

As it transpired, a short section of same happened in an advert break during the film.

"Inferno (1953)" was rather good: hint: don't break a leg in Death Valley.

Next: "Harry And Tonto (1974)" Art Carney plus Rene "Hill St. Blues" Enriquez and a couple of cats.

Mr Enriquez isn't in it for long.

However Art Carney won an Oscar for this.

Chief Dan George is in it too, though he hasn't appeared yet.

He's in the prison part when Harry gets arrested for public urination in Las Vegas.

They do the Tonto joke.

Harry & Tonto make it all the way to LA.

And that's it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 May 2021, 07:43.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

The ground is damp but there's no active precipitation. Overcast but I did see a bit of blue sky before the clouds got it. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a potential high of 14. Rain expected from lunchtime onwards. Barometer up to 1002 mBar.

Up much earlier than normal for a Saturday because I stupidly placed a shopping order for 0900-1000. I don't know why I do this to myself.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The Tokyo 'Skytree' tower opens to the public 2012

Comment

Morning! The test TPD thread has been duly deleted.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  Does that mean the oil has run out

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day yet again but not actually raining at this time, though showers are forecast imminently

Currently 10°C and potentially soaring to 12°, barometer up slightly at 994/1001mB.

Comment

Working...
                      X