• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely 99% moon ascending in the darkening sky

Comment

My goodness, I'm only part way through episode two but they sure are a bunch of nutjobs on that there Oak Island

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Ents is The Curse of Oak Island S01E01. Yes, I have downloaded all bazillion series.
        Stone me.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        My goodness, I'm only part way through episode two but they sure are a bunch of nutjobs on that there Oak Island

Enjoy.

I think I started somewhere in S5.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 May 2021, 21:31.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

A bit of Trucking Hell while eating was all the TV for me tonight

Feeling very tired and slightly headachey; I had a fairly crap night's sleep last night, which probably accounts for it. Time to get some sleep I reckon

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start here, though with some cloud bimbling about. Currently 10°C and climbing on its way to 14°, 1003/1011mB on the barometers, showers predicted any time really this afternoon

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a bit on the dull side but it's dry. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a high of 16 later. Looks like the sun will make an appearance and it's unlikely to rain. Barometer steady at 1013 mBar.

Off to the dentist this morning. Just a hygienist appointment but I am apparently due a check up so I'll book that in while I'm there.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The first 'National Sorry Day' is held in Australia 1998

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Bright white sky with blue bits.

Vaguely sunny.

Colder at 16.9 deg in here.

1014 mBar, 29.94 in Hg, 59% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked despite a diversion caused by pothole repair on the road.

Memo to self: when gripped by a sense of urgency whilst drying the dishes get your priorities right.

Just turned on the tv to check the films offered today only to find it was tuned in to the exact point of NCIS S2 E1 that I turned it off at last night.

Spooky or what?

I see Cummings is dishing the dirt.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), bramble jelly on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Much of the afternoon has been occupied by some light spring cleaning of the kitchen & the living room.

Much filth has been moved about a bit, and dead flies & moths removed.

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E18: another I'd not seen before, no Rory.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken and sausage with carrots and onions, a yog, some tinned pears, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Laurence Olivier" on Sky Arts.

More spring cleaning in the living room, moving stuff that hadn't moved in a while and washing the hearth in front of the gas fire, which was remarkably filthy.

Entertainment: Enterprise S4 E22: The End. Very poor ep IIRC asi it turns out to be a holodeck simulation in STNG.

Dr Pimplepopper: more pustulent goodness.

First up: birth mark: nevus sebaceous.

A lady with a large lipoma on her shoulder, which is proving quite tricky.

A chap with keloids on the back of his head: she's doubtful about treating it.

The Bad Skin Clinic: ditto but without the Septic accent (Irish lady doctor Emma in Harley St.).

Despite being "new" it's a repeat from Quest Red.

Detonators: or how to blow tulip up: specifically two steel framed power stations, one septic, the other in Scotland.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 May 2021, 22:11.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lovely 99% moon ascending in the darkening sky
                  Isn't it another of those "special" supermoons tonight? Always just look like a moon to me.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Isn't it another of those "special" supermoons tonight? Always just look like a moon to me.
                    Somebody I follow on Twitter made a similar point earlier: "We didn't have these 'supermoons' in my day, we just said 'Ooh, isn't the moon bright tonight?' and that was it."

Comment

Brisk walk to the dentist and back meant all exercise targets met for the day. For the first time in weeks...

Back late for a meeting but the person I was meeting knew that might happen so nothing to worry about there.

Comment

Working...
                      X