• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the right
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

a bit more

Comment

yes, there

Comment

see that number?

Comment

(mod count)

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warm in here at 17.3 deg, 19 deg (post kettle) in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto, deg in the salting house.

992 mBar, 29.293 in Hg, 744.06 Torr, 14.38774 psi, (down from 998 last night), 75% RH.

Friday.

Today I was awakened by a text from the surgery re vaccinations for The Plague & Flu.

Only took about 15 minutes to get through on the phone. Booked in for 15:00 tomorrow afternoon.

Meanwhile back in 5th February 2019 Gwynfryn (who?) was wondering why his posts didn't appear, whereas I was bored with "Red River (1948)", finding it Very Long & Tedious with far too many cows.

Walk (unabbreviated) unexpectedly walked in the grey gloom and occasional slight drizzle.

Lunch: scrambled egg (2 medium) with poached tomato (1.5) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints* of good Glengettie tea. A pear. Not a particularly nice pear but a pear nonetheless. Better than yesterday's pear which was very meh indeed.

*Possibly rather more than this but I can't be arsed to measure it.

Entertainment: Archive on 4: sociology.

Freecell score:100%, running average 85%.

House roughly vacced and a minuscule amount of dusting performed.

Tea: battered haddock, some mango slices, a pippy red corner yog, 0.91 pints* of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

A load of balls that isn't Wheeler Dealers S14 E1 by any stretch of the imagination. Quest taking lessons on how to feck up the EPG in the way the BBC has for decades.

Various bollox watched instead, including the inevitable chunk of UFO bollox on Blaze, some sort of Salvage Hunters thing involving a Fiat 500 (one that hadn't dissolved over the intervening half century) which ended up being a Fiat 598 Abarth instead & looked rather fine.

I thought the legality of driving a car which had failed its MOT 3 years earlier on the road because it's now MOT exempt was a bit doubtful: it still needs to be safe under construction & use.

Followed by some chap restoring an Eames chair.

With chunks of Jefferson Starship thrown in for good measure.

Ghosts S3 E5.

"Spycraft" on Blaze.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 October 2022, 19:29.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

*tap* *tap*
                Is this thing on?

Comment

Morning all,

Grey and drizzly here in the Midlands. Unremitting gloom as I look out of the office window over the canal to the British Waterways building.

At least it isn't slinging it down like yesterday.

Could use a cup of tea.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, damp, drizzle. Showers expected off and on. Currently 16 degrees, high of 18 expected. Barometer down to 1000 mBar.

Funeral day. Drive down to Sussex uneventful. The woefully underpowered heap is at the pub where the wake will be and I'm waiting for my brother to pick me up. He's in a queue at Costa Coffee.

Comment

Day 2 back contracting and my mate from HP who joined MS a month before I did, joined this client last week.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X