• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mundane laundry on

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Mundane laundry on
      Done and draped

Comment

Hair has been cut and greys painted over.

Watching The Last Overland on C4.

Early dinner was a cheesy jacket potato.

Comment

In the chip shop

Comment

The latest 24 Hours in A&E seems to be from 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the chip shop
              Nice enough

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                The latest 24 Hours in A&E seems to be from 2019.
                Yes, they seem to have gone back to their pre-pandemic archives for new material

Comment

Funny, time seems to be going really slowly today.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Greenhouse emptied and cleaned in preparation for winter, then we put the lemon and lime in. Tomorrow will be more winter prep.

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After this afternoon's orangutan school and big cat evolution excitement, tonight's telly was nothing but repeats. I blame myself

First up was Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn (2020) which is good fun in its way

And then Contagion (2011) in which it's demonstrated that it's all Gwyneth Paltrow's fault. Possibly rewatched out a vague sense of nostalgia for those wonderful days of lockdown

I also rewatched the Covid-19 PSAs that were added to the iTunes package back then. Kate Winslet is the only one who's clearly glancing at a script to one side of the phone she's recording on, but she also had the job of giving detailed instructions about hand washing and explaining some sciencey stuff, so it's fair enough that she didn't just learn her speech like the others. I got the impression she was feeling a bit nerve-wracked, maybe out of a sense of having to bear an important responsibility in that regard. Anyway, they all did a good job, though I don't suppose they had anything else to do right then as they were locked down

And finally an episode of The West Wing that was less like a soap opera that last night's, in that it raised some important points about not just interpretations of the Constitution of the USA but also about one should approach the question of how to interpret said constitution, which is an important issue right now over there (and one which they're often getting wrong as the Republican party continues its slide into overt fascism)

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X