• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Dull, damp, drizzle. Showers expected off and on. Currently 16 degrees, high of 18 expected. Barometer down to 1000 mBar.

Funeral day. Drive down to Sussex uneventful. The woefully underpowered heap is at the pub where the wake will be and I'm waiting for my brother to pick me up. He's in a queue at Costa Coffee.

Comment

I think about going out to get some lunch and the rain starts again. Ho hum.

Comment

Lunch was a large fish finger bap with red sauce

These were Sainsbury's TTD chunky cod fish fingers, and they were very nice

Then I decided to take advantage of a hiatus in the rain to pop to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription. The rain naturally resumed as soon as I was out, heavier than before if anything, and continued for the duration of the expedition. And that was also longer than expected because of an RTC closing a nearby road, forcing me on extended detours both there and back

Comment

Absolutely hoofing it down here at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Absolutely hoofing it down here at the mo.
            Same here. I'm not going to bother making a Sainsbury's run with it like this - I hardly need anything anyway, so Iceland and/or the Co-op will have to do

Or there's the off-brand supermarket I've never been to, halfway between the two but over the road and set back a bit in a building which was, I found out a while ago, the first purpose-built cinema in Leicester

Comment

Day 2 and 30 seconds before I leave security send me the link that allows you to configure the intranet system so your account is created on it.

Would have been useful having it earlier I could have done some of the 10 hours of training courses I need to do within the next month.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Good send off achieved. Intense and tiring day.

Comment

Tea has been roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

The car earlier wasn't, because they opted instead to show a snooker game. This then continued into the opal hunters' slot and, once it was finally concluded, they jumped into the middle of a programme with the antiques bloke doing some sub-Wheeler Dealers schtick with a car

Then there turned out not to be a new episode of Trucking Hell (apart from the latest one, which I'm holding in reserve for emergencies) so teatime viewing was the one that can't decide if it's about motorway cops or dashcam footage

Still raining off and on here, but it seems to be gradually getting to more off than on

Comment

TFBSZ
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Copshop (2021) in which a bad guy gets locked up in a police station, so other bad guys who are pursuing him also go to the police station, which is staffed by careless and incompetent cops except for the one smart cop who realises what's going on… you get the idea. Somewhat formulaic and clichéd, then, but if you don't mind that or are at least willing to put up with it, it's a decent enough example of its kind

And then a rewatch of Ghost in the Shell (2017) which has very good SFX, though I think I've now plumbed such depths as there are to the story; no further insights were gained. But yes, it does look nice

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X