• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are finally up

Lunch earlier was ham, pea and lentil soup with the last crust of multiseed bread

And it rained pretty heavily this afternoon, though I didn't get to stand at the window appreciating it as I was too busy

Comment

I thought there might be rain here as it came over a bit gloomy but nothing has materialised yet.

Decided to watch Investigating Diana on C4.

Comment

Tea has been oniony chicken casserole with chips and peas. Very tasty

Accompanied by some thing on All4 following Brighton police, which allows me to provide a running commentary along the lines of "I've been in that chip shop… I've been in that pub… That kebab shop is just by the hotel…"

Comment

I watched two episodes of Investigating Diana. It's an interesting angle, talking to the French officers who investigated the accident / assassination*. I may or may not watch the last two parts.

*Delete according to your level of nutjobbery

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The car earlier was a VW van, which is taxed until October and has an MOT until next March

And later, the opal hunters rushed to grab what they could before the summer became intolerable, with varying degrees of success

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, mild enough at 18°C with 25° expected in the afternoon. There's even a 30% chance of drizzle in the next hour or so. The barometers are very slightly down at 1004/1012mB

The ear infection is still infecting and still rather painful, but I think it's getting a little better

Comment

Morning all

Murky out.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Damp.

Drizzly.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21.6 deg.

1008 mBar, 27.766223 in Hg, 756.1 Torr,14.62 psi, (unchanged), 70% RH.

Tuesday.

Back in 6th December 2018 I was watching Godfather III, whilst NF watched "The Interpreter" and the Xmas ep of "The West Wing". Sadly the opening of the shwarma place was delayed from Friday to the following Monday, creating much disappointment.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the intermittent grey gloom, wan sunshine, and high humidity.

TV Times purchased.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: something about the suburbs.

Y&Y full of students waffling on about maintenance grants, fees, and the rest of it. Thank feck I'm an .

Some of the afternoon spent potching about with the Electric Field Mill thing, the motor, the vanes & the sensor plate duly fettled.

What with all the sheds & workspace in the office, it's quite natural that most of the work took place on the kitchen worktop.

I had to wipe it down a bit before making tea.

Tea: battered cod, stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S11 E12 BMW Z1, that yellow horror which I watched a week or so ago. £1000 for a back box? WTF?

Alias S5 E7 "Fait Accompli": Dean gets his just desserts, whilst Nadia wakes up briefly, but Sloane is still on the hook.

The Rookie S2 E5 "Tough Love": the "find a confidential informant" one.

The Bad Skin Clinic: a chap with lumps on his knee & his elbow: turned out to be gout rather than my diagnosis of housemaid's knee. .

Alias S5 E8 "Bob": Sark's back as a freelancer, Jack gets abducted.

I noticed (though I didn't bother watching it again) that Car SOS had a VW Camper in today's ep. IIRC it was a basket case. Much welding, plenty slowness.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 August 2022, 22:57.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's overcast with grey bits yet still quite bright when there's a gap. Signs of rain overnight / early morning. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Low chance of further rain. Barometer steady at 1013 mBar.

Sorting out paperwork for our trip to Singapore tomorrow. For some reason HWMBO only has to show proof of his vaccination whereas I have to show a negative pre-departure test. So, having to dash about getting fit-to-fly tests booked in. There's a Randox place in Chiswick that should do the trick. I'm making HWMBO do a test too, just in case. I forgot to order some cash for the hawker stalls but I'm sure it's mostly card payments anyway.

Ooh and just received a hello from Brillo, always lovely to hear from him.

Comment

Working...
                      X