• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry but dull and overcast this morning. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 12 later. Rain expected around lunchtime. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Britain's biggest robbery ever takes place at a Securitas depot in Tonbridge, Kent with £53 million being stolen 2006

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out with occasional showers expected to continue into the afternoon

Currently a mere 8°C; 1003/1010mB. But it'll be getting warmer midweek, as SE asserts

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with white fluffy clouds.

Warmish at 17 deg in here.

1013 mBar, 29.91 inHg, 54% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming very brightly this morning, no doubt celebrating the Monday morning shop.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There has been a very light rain shower. Barely worth mentioning but I'm mentioning it anyway.

Comment

I am sure that there were good reasons for the "new style" forum, but couldn't we have kept the old interface?
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              I am sure that there were good reasons for the "new style" forum, but couldn't we have kept the old interface?
              Sadly not - this version is almost a complete rewrite of the previous one.

And while I don't like it (and were this my company we would have moved to Xenforo) I think staying where the forum was wasn't an option.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just explained to Twitter that Halloween is next Tuesday, not this weekend. While they try to digest that, I suppose I’d better get back to work
                Just refreshed the page and lo! this turned up.

Walk walked.

Morrisons shopping trip done, dusted, washed, sanitized, and put away.

Strewth it's a bit warm out there Bruce.

Not quite in the "hot enough to boil a monkey's bum" region but nearly 20 deg C warmer than last week.

<hiatus>

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread (the bread/toast may be vice versa), red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Just took the vegetable peelings down to the compost heap whilst in shirt sleeves rather than 3 layers of wool/cotton/polyester.

Noted the appearance of Yet Another Dead Ratte of the dimensions of Ye Giante Ratte of Sumatra gracing next door's lawn.

I may mention this to them later.

Since it's a nice day, I'm thinking of painting the tin shed door with some of Ernie's cinamon coloured gloss paint, guaranteed to contain some lead judging by its age.

Good stuff.

<hiatus>

The tinshed door is now suitably dung coloured.

Next door donated a bunch of daffs which I've duly jamjarred on the parents' grave.

Entertainment:

Trucking Hell: how to get a 35 ton crane on the back of a low loader.

Traffic Cops: scumbag with cocaine up his arse is caught after a 100mph chase, then starts fitting in custody.

The plod are after a pair of recalcitrant scumbags who've been living in a tent in a hedgerow, one of whom is wanted for manslaughter.

I see the next series of Just a Minute is gracing us with the charms of Nish Kumar as a host.

I've got the breadrolls ready & fecking waiting.

Actually, not. I'll simply not listen to the obnoxious oik.

And the plod get one of their men.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 February 2021, 17:52.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Sadly not - this version is almost a complete rewrite of the previous one.

And while I don't like it (and were this my company we would have moved to Xenforo) I think staying where the forum was wasn't an option.
                  Yes, it really is completely different. There are minor bits here and there that remain the same, but really only at the level of things like serving avatars. Everything else is radically different, and often not in a good way

The design changes really are the most minor aspect of the upgrade, though unfortunately they're also among the worst… Mind you, I've already removed a bunch of even more annoying stuff. For example, I had to reimplement multiquote from scratch, as the way they had it working was completely unusable.

Comment

By the way, breakfast was a couple of rounds of wholemeal toast in addition to coffee. I don't often eat anything for breakfast but I was feeling rather peckish, and couldn't face working out what was wrong with the last-post-link stuff on an empty stomach

Comment

Lunch was lentil soup and bread.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X