• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

#1 is interesting. I've only got ministrone and purple gorilla on my ignore list. Have either of them posted in this thread? (I am too lazy to figure out how to find that out so am relying on the memories of long standing members)
    technically 2 is a bigger issue - you could be missing interesting threads and never know.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

technically 2 is a bigger issue - you could be missing interesting threads and never know.
      Possibly. Although a thread started by someone on my ignore list isn't necessarily one I'd want to read.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        In the Chinese
        Very nice, as always

Busyness status: "Very! Earlier…"

Comment

Bells on Sunday
          No Bell's on Saturday

Enduro bike washed in 15°C and was actually quite pleasant. October's mud "is on the grass..."

Côte de Boeuf is tempering in the kitchen, ready for a lunchtime braai.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was [hunts around the new toolbar for the relevant bits] Predators (2010), which felt a bit dull to start with but picked up towards the end. Overall verdict: not that bad really

And to follow, a major motion psychopathic Afrikaner rewatch: Elysium (2013), which is a cracking film, probably because a psychopathic Afrikaner is always good movie material

Finally, The Wire is getting real, and real is nasty: S1E5 Blowback and S1E6 Cherrypoppers

Goodnight all
            Last edited by NickFitz; 21 February 2021, 06:16.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright but cloudy. Can't see any blue from my vantage point. Currently 11 degrees with a forecast high of 14 later. Very little chance of precipitation. Barometer up to 1007 mBar.

Another naff night's sleep but better than Friday night's.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              A lock of John Lennon's hair sells for US$35,000 to a memorabilia collector at an auction in Dallas, Texas 2016

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Having found a way of accessing TPD (now Sasguru is set to ignore) I lost another 124 posts so by the looks of it put someone on ignore and
                2) if they initiated the thread it doesn't appear on the forum index page.
                How do I take ArseGuru off my ignore list so TPD shows up?

bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

How do I take ArseGuru off my ignore list so TPD shows up?
                  Control Panel then the Account tab. Right down the bottom is your ignore list. Just click the little 'x' next to the person you want to remove

Comment

Ah Cheers LM!

Gosh some old names there. Apart from one, can't even remember who the others were.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 February 2021, 10:21.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is it running like a snail on mogadon by design?

Morning. Ow.

Grey. Ow.

Sunless. Ow.

Drizzly. Ow.

Damp. Ow.

Dank. Ow.

Sunday. Ow.

Took even longer to put my sock on this morning than it did yesterday. Ow.

1005 mBar, 29.68 inHg, 53% RH. Ow. Ow. Ow.

<hiatus>

Entertainment: lots of "Enterprise" including S2 E2 Carbon Creek.

Lunch: heinz pea & ham soup with bits of ancient hovis out of the freezer, plus a couple of granary buns that are equally ancient.

Tea: feck nose.

Entertainment: Am Dro.

A thing about the floods in the Rhondda.

The knights templar thing.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 February 2021, 22:03.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X