• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Saint Maud (2019), which… well… ****

For the avoidance of doubt: I thought it was vey good but… well… ****

And then I watched Sin City again and then a couple more episodes of The Americans.

But… well… ****

Goodnight all

Comment

^^^ sounds like St. Maud is one to give a miss.

Morning.

Dark.

Grey.

Damp.

Dreary.

Dire.

Dreadful.

Sunless.

Colder at 16.3 deg in here.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 73% RH

Saturday judging by the wireless.

Walk walked in the overarching gloom and sunlessness.

No precipitation detected.

A quick scan around the forums revealed how dead this site has become.

I have heard rumours that, back in the day, it could take an entire morning merely to catch up with TPD.

How are the mighty fallen.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: zero.

No potching in the garage.

Some shuffling of stuff in the front room "office" junk room, some space appears to have appeared.

WTF I bought all those electronic bits & pieces for just before I retired is quite beyond me.

After that: some massacre of the brambles achieved, it was cold enough to require a religious jumper under the overalls.

Tea: the last portion of the bol with just the right amount of spag, stewed plum and custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard: Edgar Lustgarten, Wolseley 6/80 squad motor cars, what's not to like?

And they still hanged murderers in those far off days.

10 minutes of "Coast" on BBC4.

The Celts: blood iron & sacrifice: Boadica and what might have been.

The Lancaster at 80: or how to bomb the krap out of the enemy when the Manchester is a flying turkey.

Thing about the Korean unpleasantness with Tony Robinson.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 October 2021, 19:24.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull start to the day but there's a bit of blue trying to poke through the cloud. Dry with no prospect of rain today. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 14 later.

Saint Maud rings a bell. Will have a look later but I wonder if I've seen it?

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The world's oldest Teletext service, BBC's 'Ceefax' ceases operation 2012

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out again, 13°C which is as good as we'll get, but the barometers are up at 1015/1023mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            ^^^ sounds like St. Maud is one to give a miss.
            It's very bleak

But when God speaks to her, he does so in Welsh

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Saint Maud rings a bell. Will have a look later but I wonder if I've seen it?
            It's filmed in Scarborough, if that jogs your memory

Comment

How would you suggest you recognize Scarborough it’s not like it’s got an abbey as Whitby as.

no goths though as that’s next weekend, it just has customers who are grumpier than the pub staff.

yep, we’re in Whitby to visit the bookshop
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I rewatched the trailer. I remember it now. I haven't seen it as I recall the reviews implying that the trailer contained the only bits worth watching.

Comment

Much achieved today. Knackered now, might have a nap

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    How would you suggest you recognize Scarborough it’s not like it’s got an abbey as Whitby as.
                    It's a thoroughly bleak northern seaside resort without an abbey but with a steep rise from the sea, which you don't get on the west coast or, AFAIK, down in Lincolnshire

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                      X