• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chestnut tree has gone from largely green with some yellow to almost entirely gold over the past week

Comment

Afternoon all. Sunny, CBS but pretty damn cold here.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
        Afternoon all. Sunny, CBS but pretty damn cold here.
        Chilly here too, and getting more so with the sky currently still clear

I've just been down with my recycling, which filled the bin enough that it was worth trundling

Comment

Outside temp has dropped below 7C. Might check for the Irish meteor shower - the O’Rionids
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea was chicken madras with rice and naan. Very tasty and satisfying

And entertainment was more of The Repair Shop

Better get to sleep now, for tomorrow is bin day and I need to be up betimes to get the recycling bin back

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Shaping up for a sunny start with some wispy cloud out there; but its plans are shortly to be foiled by the arrival of cloud and possibly a shower or two, according to the forecast. Currently a mere 8°C with no better than 12° on the cards; barometers up fairly sharply at 1009/1016mB

Comment

Morning all
                TFIF, etc.

Yesterday Openreach were working at the bottom of our lane. Not sure what on, nothing to do with us.
                Today our broadband has gone down.

Coincidence?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Did you post that by Telex?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The recycling bin has been safely retrieved and trundled inwards

Feels dashed chilly out there for 8°C though. I think the days of doing the bins in a t-shirt have passed for another year; I came back in and dug out a jumper

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with fluff this morning. Dry. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 13 later. Going to be a sunny/cloudy kinda day. Barometer has leapt up to 1020 mBar.

Slept heavily and still tired this morning. No prospect of a lie in tomorrow as I stupidly booked the hairdresser for 0930.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Andre-Jacques Gamerin makes the first parachute jump from a balloon in Paris 1797

Comment

Working...
                      X