• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Damp.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 18.8 deg, 20 deg in the kitchen, 18 deg in the leanto.

1013 mBar, 29.914 in Hg, 759.8 Torr, 14.69 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 2nd of July 2019 NF consumed the last of the Xmas turkey soup and then visited the pharmacy which he'd forgotten to do previously.

Lunch: scrambled egg & poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y waffling on about the joys of the Ovo scumbags. 15 seconds of TWATO.

House roughly vacced using the Big Orange Vax and the semidefunctional upright Vax that still picks stuff up but doesn't do the beating thing any more. The amount of hair picked up by the beater on the Big Orange Vax is remarkable. I need a haircut.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86% (85.544%).

Entertainment: Trucking Hell S3 E13. The one where Stig nearly uproots a tree.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, a yog, some pear halves (very hard), 0.91*1.6 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Police Interceptors (part, repeat, seen before: the one where the kid stands in front of the BMW & refuses to move).

Last 10 minutes of "The Ghost & Mrs Muir (1947)". Always brings a tear to my rheumy old eye.

Joy of Painting S12 E11. quite effective.

Joy of painting S12 E12. less

My Cornwall with Ferne Britton. Looe.

Bad Skin Clinic. Repeat.

Dr Pimple Popper. Chap with a big feckoff lipoma. Young woman with a curious fluid filled lump behind her ear caused by a gym accident. Woman with neurofibromatosis.

More good news!: Walmart are doing that Quiet Time thing so one can buy one's Winchester model 70, Remington model 700 or S&W 500 mag in peace. .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 August 2023, 22:04.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with wispy cloud. Damp from, I presume, overnight rain. No rain forecast today. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up a touch to 1018 mBar.

I got so bored yesterday I started a TOGAF Business Architecture Foundation course. I will continue with that today.

Ents yesterday evening also included S1E1 of Good Omens following the timely reminder of the second series.

Comment

Found 3 waspies in me house today. Hope there's not a nest somewhere.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup with a couple of thin crusts of wholemeal

It's a bit cloudier than anticipated and our high for the day has been reduced to 22°C, though we're still promised 26° tomorrow

Comment

Off on me first 2023 footpaths inspection after I finish slurping me coffee.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

TOGAF related skiving not done today due to be enraged by complete nonsense going on. Having thrown some toys out the pram and and escalated a few bits I am a tinsy bit less likely to flounce off the contract.

Comment

Blue skies through the trees!

Good Omens 1 was based more on the book. I actually found 2 better.
                Last edited by vetran; 9 August 2023, 15:53.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  TOGAF related skiving not done today due to be enraged by complete nonsense going on. Having thrown some toys out the pram and and escalated a few bits I am a tinsy bit less likely to flounce off the contract.
                  second line of the Macro proving tough?

I have just spent an hour & half with a supplier on their crappy web app who first made me talk to DumDum the virtual agent with no luck, then asked me to clear the machine down then try another machine, finally they said try again in an hour. Even granting they are in India the support level has affected my blood pressure. Feel your pain.

My success today was I have 20 images running on Docker desktop, so cool. I am now using all 16 processors & 32GB of ram on my laptop. I have had data warehouses with a lot less poke!
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just popped over to where the bins live with a bag of recycling and… no bins! Turns out the servants representatives of the management company hadn't trundled them back up from the spot where they nestle by the road for emptying, despite them having been emptied yesterday

It's only a walk down the back of the art deco block opposite to get to them, and I took a shortcut back across the big lawn which was nice as I hardly ever have any reason to walk on there, but it just shows, you can't get the staff nowadays!

Comment

Tea: sausages, chips and beans

I was going to have some of those nice oniony sausages, and took them out to defrost earlier. But when it came time to cook, they turned out to be Cumberland chipolatas, which for some reason I'd put in the same freezer bag. Ah well, they were still nice

Comment

Working...
                      X