• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: sardine toasties (tomato sauce variant)

After a rainy morning, it seems to have cleared up a bit. Still very grey and gloomy though

Comment

Getting a bit annoyed with someone - I'm asking for copies of files, and they take screenshots of the files and send them instead. They are being sent the original file by someone, but don't want me to contact that person, as it would be more efficient and take away some of the control that the intermediate person seems to thrive off.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Tea was a pork cutlet with chips, peas and gravy. Very nice

Tonight's telly was an old Police Interceptors followed by the latest episode of The Met. The latter was very interesting, following two investigations, one of a rape and the other of a murder

And some more of Pax got read, in which the city of Rome itself is descending into chaos and slaughter

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

It seemed like it might be a bright start but just as it was getting going, a lid of cloud moved in and blotted out the sun. Looks like it might clear up a bit later, but for now, drizzle seems more likely. Currently 6°C and not expected to get higher than 9°, and the barometers are down a bit more at 984/992mB

Comment

Morning all
              A pleasant perambulation earlier in clear blue skies, quite warm too.

Comment

Morning.

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Chilly verging on cold in here at 14.6 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

994 mBar, 29.353 in Hg, 745.56 Torr, 14.42 psi, (unchanged), 70% RH (GDR hair), 62% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 26th of July 2019 it was cooler outside in Leicester but getting warmer inside NF's flat despite the lack of solar gain, plus a debate on air weapons & sighting.

Hammering down now & black as ink.

And the sun's out again.

And it's pissing down, just in time for the stagger down to the dentist.

Dentist visited. Two fillings to do later in the month. On a Monday.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, during which it was fine & didn't rain on me.

Chucking it down now.

Lunch: baked potato etc.

Entertainment: Sliced Bread waffling on about ice baths.

TWATO. I wonder what that'll be on about. .

Freecell score: 96%, running average: 86%.

My back went <click> in Morrisons. I wish it hadn't.

Tea: chilli con carne etc.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S7 E4 BMW 840: MOT ran out March 2011. Didn't last long, did it? Oh, it went to Ireland, so who knows? (The first one he looked at met the the scrappy in 2009ish).

Weatherman Walking: New Quay & Laugharne

The Art of Film: Nouveau Horror: 1980s. Boring. Nearly fell asleep.

Trucking Hell S7 E16. Lots of buses, double decker buses.

Wheeler Dealers S17 Part II E10 MGB. MOT expired in August & it failed an MOT in September. Oddly they changed the 4 speed gearbox for one out of an MX5, which then required a new propshaft. A recon 4 + overdrive would have been about the same price & would have kept it original.

Dan Do (the cottage one again).

How the Nazis got away on PBS.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2023, 23:11.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but seems bright. Set to brighten up a bit more as the day progresses. Might rain early evening time. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 expected. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

Yesterday went surprisingly well. Will see how she fares in the coming weeks.

Today is my last day at current clientCo Thank goodness for that.

Comment

Lunch has been an assorted charcuterie butty and a bag of cheese & onion crisps

Some sunny spells here now, but lots of big white fluffy things floating around

Comment

Lunch is late and comprises a 'Naughty & Spice Chicken Wrap' and a mini Colin the Caterpillar cake from M&S.

Comment

Working...
                      X