• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Rainy, gloomy, grey start today. Currently 8°C getting to 12° later, while the barometers are up some more at 987/995mB

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Bad day. Loony lady 2 died. Known her for at least 15 years.
      Sorry to hear that ...manly
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with fluff. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 14 expected. Rain forecast from early evening onwards. Barometer up to to 1002 mBar.

My weather app has updated and I don't like it. No doubt I'll eventually get used to it.

Comment

CBS here, early morning walk was enjoyable, now stuck at my desk.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Bad day. Loony lady 2 died. Known her for at least 15 years.
            Condolences, xogg.

Morning.

Tuesday.

Was dry, then wet.

Sunny, then black.

Blue sky then very black with added mist.

Chilly in here at 16.6 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

996 mBar, 29.411 in Hg, 747.1 Torr, 14.445 psi, (up from 991 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (abbreviated) walked before breakfast in sunshine then rain.

Meanwhile on the 24th of July 2019 it was still hot, DaveB had survived the Gotterdamerung donner und blitzen overnight, while PhilTheGreek had retired to the panic room which had aircon & g&t to aid his repose.

Stuck at my desk? I can't even get close to mine any more. Junk city++.

Lunch: baked spud with baked beans etc.

Entertainment: The Cows are Mad at 13:45.

Freecell score: 87%, running average: 86% (85.79%).

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: Wheeler Dealers S6 E13&14 :the mini one. Both minis he looked at are still on the road, though the one they worked on has no MOT.

Scotland Yard "The Crossroads Gallows". I'm worried about Benny. Nice to see the Morris version of the Wolseley 6/80, badge engineering at its best.

Maigret is afraid S6 E3. That was an odd one.

Massive Engineering MIstakes S3 E2. Collapse of the Corvette museum into a limestone cave they didn't know was there. Yarra River Melbourne box girder bridge collapse. Pawnee Oklahoma earthquake: disposal of waste water from fracking. Well frack me. Latchford Ontario bridge deck collapse: it's a bad idea to hide stuff you might need to monitor inside a structure where it can't be monitored.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 November 2023, 08:48.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: pâté on white toast

Sainsbury's have changed their pâté recipes and no longer do the one I liked, so this was duck and orange, which turned out to be very nice

Comment

Tea: spag bol. Freshly made tonight, and exceedingly nice

And three more nice big portions for the freezer, after the usual time to mature in the fridge of course

Comment

Tonight's viewing was the remaining two episodes of the Organised Crime Gang thing on iPlayer. Very interesting

And then a couple more chapters of The Possessors read

Time for an early night now

Goodnight all

Comment

Does this forum still change tulip to tulip? Off to Malta today - staying at the Golden Tulip.

Comment

Morning denizens

It was still raining heavily less than an hour ago, having done so for much of the night. Now, it's not only stopped but the sun is starting to break through a little, though still looking very pale. Currently 12°C, maybe getting up to 13° but no more than that, and the barometers are down again at 977/985mB. It seems to be a little on the breezy side too, which is expected to continue all day

Comment

Working...
                      X