• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Wednesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Wet.

Dreary.

Sunless (though occasionally wan).

Windy, very.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

985.5 mBar, 29.101 in Hg, 739.18 Torr, 14.29 psi, (down from 991 last night), 72% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of July 2019 it was hot and PhilTheGreek was celebrating the advent of yet another (the 14th) Trigger's Broom: to whit: Bunter.

Freecell score: 96%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

Freecell score: 83%, running average: 86%.

Nice bonfire. There's a sleeping rodent of some description in the greenhouse, quite large but not yer normal Rat sort of rodent. It stayed sleeping during all my exertions getting the gardening waste out & onto the bonfire.

Tea: there was tea.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Wheeler Dealers S6 E15&16: TVR S. MOT ran out 2021. It did very few miles. Then again, being a TVR maybe it was fecked most of the time.

Dan Do from 2019: 3 "cottages". Bet they cost a bob or two.

Discovering Ralph Fiennes. <click> Watching paint dry more interesting.

Dr Pimplepopper. Woman with lump on her temple: seb keratosis (a big one). Chap with lump on his face: cyst. Chap with lump on his thigh: unknown cause, she stitched it back up & sent him to see another doctor, it didn't look like anything a dermatologist could deal with.

967 mBar at 23:24.

Tapping the barometer I can see it dropping a bit more every five minutes.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 November 2023, 23:24.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all. Blue skies and a bright moon when we went out for our walk, then the heavens opened.
      Came back in soaked to the skin, so I put on my schlompers. Still wearing them and realised when I stood up while on video on a conference call that everyone got a view of my purple checked "lounge pants".
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy, intermittent sunshine. Much rain had overnight. Currently 13 degrees and that's the high for the day. More showers expected this morning and then the sun might make more of a concerted effort. Barometer down to 994 mBar.

7 working days left at current clientCo...

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Does this forum still change tulip to tulip? Off to Malta today - staying at the Golden Tulip.
        Ooh I do like Malta! Have fun! I hope the weather's better. It can be a bit variable there this time of year.

Comment

'Morning all... bit wet in the northern provinces. Grey with gloomy outlook.

Busy as a busy thing, but can't complain. Good bunch at new gig and fingers crossed that it'll last a while given the current market.

Might pop back again sometime.

Laters...

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Does this forum still change tulip to tulip? Off to Malta today - staying at the Golden Tulip.
            Bon voyage!

Comment

There has been rain. Now the sun is trying to come out.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Meanwhile on the 24th of July 2019 it was hot and PhilTheGreek was celebrating the advent of yet another (the 14th) Trigger's Broom: to whit: Bunter.

Morning DS. Was I? Don't recall

Comment

Rubbish news day. It's official: Mum has Alzheimer's.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      bugger.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X