• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by Inside the Factory on the subject of Guinness

Comment

After getting a few points on Mastermind and more on Only Connect, my scores on UC were down.

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Final episode of this series of the opal hunters and, as happens suspiciously often, the featured teams had some last-minute good luck and ended up doing OK

Neither opal hunters nor gold diggers next week, so I'll be getting an hour a week back

And a few more chapters of Goodfellas have been read

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start, currently 6°C yet going down to 5° in the next hour or so after sunrise, then maybe making it to 8° for a bit this afternoon. No sign of rain nor any expected, though there was some unpredicted drizzle around bedtime last night. The barometers are heading up again at 1011/1019mB

Comment

Morning all
            The clouds are lifting, and it was noticeably brighter on our walk.
            Phone pinged me to say I've reached the walking target for the first 3 months of the year (they do a simple one that is 1 mile per day, so 91 miles by the end of March).
            I'm now going to push on this afternoon/tomorrow and try to hit 100 miles by the end of January.

Comment

Morning all

Dull start but seems to be brightening up although the forecast is for cloudy all day. No rain expected. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) with a high of 9. Barometer up a bit to 1025 mBar.

Yesterday was a non-event. Woke up not feeling 100% so took a duvet day and ended up spending a significant portion literally under the duvet. Maybe I was having my "blue Monday" a week late.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Grey.

Gloomy.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dreary.

Chilly in here at 13.2 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto.

1025 mBar, 30.268 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 14.866 psi, (up from 1016 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of August 2019 I chopped down some of the then hedge at the bottom of the garden, pruned the very vigorous rose in the front garden, removed a branch from the apple tree thus allowing access to the tin shed, whereas there was discussion of the Naming of Git, and WTFH had a very fresh egg fried with mushrooms, NF having More Fun with Maps.

Stone me, there's someone sawing stuff up next door. I think the last time anyone was in there was before Xmas.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Not as warm as yesterday.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Oz border control: lots of Chinese "food", some of which was tobacco.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Wheeler dealers S11 E9 Jaguar XJC 1975. Very pretty car.

Scotland Yard E3 "The candlelight murders (1953)". The plod did more in this week's ep. Set in 1937. CSI comes to Scotland Yard. Plaster casts of footprints. Spectral analysis of steel filings. Locations of red clay. Chip off a clay pipe (smokin kind rather than drain). No Wolseley 6/80s since it's prewar.

Maigret and the rich S9 E3 (2000).

Originally posted by Maigret Nephew
                Is that a new car?
                Originally posted by chauffeur
                No, it's a 1940. While the Nazis were making tanks the Brits were making these.

The Brits were right.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 February 2024, 21:31.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: corned beef butties and a bag of crisps

Comment

Chicken soup for the soul. Sorry, for lunch.

About to go into a critical teams meeting. Critical in that if it doesn't happen, I'm not sure how much longer I will survive the gas attacks from Max. We'll air a few ideas before he (hopefully) squeezes out a project plan.

Comment

Saw 4 flats over lunch time. None suitable although the layout and set up of one was excellent and really well thought out.

Comment

Working...
                      X