• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was Indian leftovers: some bits of karmos chicken (whatever that is) with masala chips

Accompanied by S2E1 of Fresh Cops on iPlayer, which this time had some bits around Leicester rather than all being in Loughborough or Harborough. Mind you, it's been so long since I was in the way of going into town of a night that I don't even know where all the bars and clubs are nowadays, never mind which are OK and which are dodgy

They did chase down and arrest a bloke for threatening behaviour outside a club in the bit of the city that the council have been trying to rebrand as the "Cultural Quarter", which just about sums things up

Comment

Laundry being done. Well, it's now on the spin cycle so will be finished soon. I was supposed to do laundry last weekend but really couldn't be bothered and so the bed linen stripped all those weeks ago before I went to visit HWMBO just stayed in a corner of the bedroom floor. Now I need to wash the bed linen that HWMBO and I have slept in this past week so now there is something of a backlog.

Comment

Back from evening of Scrabble with ll1. Damn it, she won! I hate her!

Neighbour told me it stinks at the bottom of the garden as there's a dead deer in the woods behind the fence.
        Last edited by xoggoth; 28 January 2024, 22:05.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

A bit of gardening done, a few hundred kg of fire pit logs moved to a new location so I can start to clear one fence line of the vineyard.

Aching bones, will be nice to recover at the desk for a few days, but in the meantime, TFBSZ
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Later viewing was a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Isn't this the time of year when we usually get new Surgeons or Ambulance or something like that off the BBC? Most remiss of them if they've forgotten

And finally, I read a couple more chapters of Goodfellas

Monday again tomorrow, but what can you do?

​​​​​​​Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, and indications of some drizzle overnight and possibly in the next hour. Mild though, being 10°C and maybe rising to 13° later; the barometers are steady at 1008/1016mB

Comment

Morning all
                S'murky out, but not currently raining, although the car and road say there has been some overnight.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Monday.

Wet.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 12.8 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

1015 mBar, 29.97 in Hg, 761.312 Torr, 14.721 psi, (down form 1016 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of August 2019 WTFH reckoned it was a good day to garden, whereas NF still had lumbago.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: the rattling and humming of the dehumidifier.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the grey gloom.

Entertainment: Oz border thing. No frog fat. I've seen the Contac-T in the air compressor in another ep. They slip stuff in to make up the time. Impressive collection of undeclared food plus two firelighters and a cigarette lighter transported in hold baggage. The two ladies from Vietnam was put through the ringer to no effect & were eventually allowed to enter Oz. The Brit on a 2nd working visa was returned to Cairo.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment:

Wheeler Dealers S11 E8 Ford Thunderbird: oh the joys of Type A transmission fluid. . There's septic threads 7 pages long about it.

Quest Red: The Mentalist S1 E7 & 8.

Car SOS S11 E2 Ford Mustang Fastback 1965: there's more rust than car. The MOT runs on the 9th of Feb. Looked nice, must have cost a fortune.

Last bit of "Enemy of the State (1998)" with that Will the boxer chap and Gene Hackman and John Voight. The ending always comes as a surprise for some reason no matter how many times I've watched it.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 January 2024, 23:44.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch: ham toasties

Bit of a hectic morning, sorting out problems with git pre-commit hooks and giving an impromptu demo to a stakeholders meeting

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Working...
                      X