• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: cocktail sausages and a bag of plain crisps

Rather Simpsonesque out now

I think I'll do my timesheet

Comment

Afternoon all

Lovely sunny afternoon. A few wisps of cloud about. Currently 9 degrees but the high was 11. Barometer up to 1029 mBar.

Busy morning dealing with a roofer who was coming to look at an issue I'd reported to my landlady in October last year.

Client paid a week early, which is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Morning all
        Lovely moon earlier as we came back in from the walk.

Had the free septic tank paperwork collected, now to get back to timesheets.

TFIF, etc
        Well done on the 'om.

Although with your dodgy moderator post count, I suspect it was less exciting

Comment

Tea has been roast gammon with chips, fried egg and beans

Accompanied by Trucking Hell

Today has seen a frenzy of laundering, with a bedding wash done and dried this morning and early afternoon, and the mundane laundry that went on afterwards just finished - well, I just noticed it had finished

Comment

Friday Fizz (Graham Beck), followed by a home-made curry and wine, then Traitors and Traitors Uncloaked.

And now TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Alive (1993) being (based on) the true story of a rugby team doing all a rugby team is capable of when their plane crashes in a place without a rugby pitch, to wit, eating the flesh of the dead. Rather good, I thought. I liked the way it didn't mess around, as so many films tend to do: there was a minute or so of "These are the guys, they play rugby" then bam! the plane was in the air then a couple of minutes later, bam! the plane was in the mountain. And so you're into the story you came to see with an absolute minimum of shilly-shallying

Next, a rewatch of Official Secrets (2019) which is also (based on) a true story, this time of the GCHQ whistleblower Katharine Gun. I don't get anything quite as interesting as the email she leaked coming across my desk - I wasted a lot of time today dealing with a utility that was incompatible with Python 3.12

And then I seem to have made the mistake of getting into a rewatch of The Wire, which is unfortunate in that it's so good it keeps me up much later than planned, but also fortunate in that it's so good

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Saturday.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Calm.

Chilly in here at 12.2 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto (rather warmer than anticipated since the sky was clear as a bell last night).

1029.5 mBar, 30.4 in Hg, 772.188 Torr, 14.931 psi, (down from 1030 last night), 74% RH (GDR hair), 67% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 21st of August 2019 much television was watched.

Shopping trip to Aldi and Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The News Quiz <click> listened to it yesterday.

Alexei Sayle on a train from Cheltenham to Maesteg. One place has a Porsche garage, the other doesn't. Can you figure out which is which? .

Sun's out, wanly.

Walk (abbreviated) walked.

Freecell score: 79%, running average: 86%. Not in the zone today.

Tea: spag bol etc.

Entertainment: nothing to speak of.

Dixon of Dock Green S2 E11 "The Roaring Boy (1956)". Kenneth Cope as an AWOL literally illiterate soldier. With a nice Webly Revolver that he points at Dixon. Unlike that nasty Dirk Bogarde in "The Blue Lamp" he doesn't shoot him.

Maigret S4 E3 "The Lost Life (1963)".

The Edgar Wallace Mystery Theatre "Urge to Kill (1959)". Christopher Trace as a copper. Who'd have thunk? Wilfrid Brambell as a lodger.

Strange Evidence on Blaze. More bollox. "flying saucer" videoed on a flatbed truck from Area 51: probably an autonomous drone. Yellow blobs on French beach: paraffin wax. Blue dogs in Mumbai: dye dumped in river. Beam of light in the sky: anticrepuscular rays. Trees falling over in a forest, oh it's Dracula's castle again.

Spanish Customs on DMAX+1: S4 E8&9. Lots of cigarette smuggling. Numbers of stolen cars for export to Morocco. A chest freezer filled with confiscated rotten meats and cheese from Ecuador. Petrol confiscated from narco boatmen. Chap carrying a couple of kilos of H incoming from south Africa. Suitcases full of khat.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 January 2024, 00:04.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all
                  Blue skies & sunshine. Cold overnight.
                  DoE Silver course to deliver later.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon denizens

A bit cloudy out, but the sun's getting through enough to make it look like quite a nice day. Currently 7°C and heading for 8°, and the barometers are up a chunk at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Afternoon all

Started off dull but the cloud has cleared a bit and the sun is getting through here and there. Currently 9 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up a snifter to 1031 mBar.

A lazy morning has been had. HWMBO and I are off to have a mooch around an East Asian supermarket and my new Pixel 8 is due to be delivered between 5 and 6 pm.

Comment

Working...
                      X