• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

You should be able to change it to another day if you prefer.
    Yes, it's just the first date that was offered. But there's a school of thought that suggests we could incorporate a toast to Mum on what would have been her 90th into the wake

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Condolences to NF.
      Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Yeh, sorry for your loss NF. I'm still waiting to hear re my bro. but won't be able to visit whatever happens, he's in California.
      Thank you both

Comment

Chicken tikka masala with rice and naan for tea

Comment

Tonight's viewing started with Dark Land: The Hunt for Wales Worst Serial Killer and a very unpleasant chap he is

Later, the opal hunters had their usual mishaps, along with an unusual one when a couple of them drilled away the steps they were using to get in and out of a pit, only for the rope they intended to climb up by to come loose, leaving them stuck down there for a while

And tonight's reading was from A Pattern of Islands by Arthur Grimble, who went with his wife to the Gilbert and Ellice Islands as a junior Colonial Service officer in 1914 and ended up spending about twenty years out there, becoming an expert on the mythology and traditions of the islanders. Lovely stuff

It's raining now, which I'm pretty sure I didn't order

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull, wet. Currently 12 degrees and that's the high for the day. Rain expected all day, in varying degrees of enthusiasm. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

ClientCo being a bit annoying in that one person is desperate to show progress but the end client isn't in a mature enough state to provide the data needed. Typical consultancy crap I suppose. Then another person said, on an all team call, that perhaps I should cut my hours if the end client isn't generating enough work. I may just do that and look for another job in the New Year. They did apologise afterwards and clarify what they meant but damage done and all that.

Comment

Morning.

Tuesday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dire.

Wet.

Sunless.

Grey.

Chilly in here at 13.5 deg, 12.5 deg in the kitchen, 13 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1019 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of August 2019 much washing and drying of washing went on, programmes about rockets were watched, including the tripropellant rocket motor, and NF watched more of the Apollo thing.

Freecell score in the drizzly grey gloom: 88%, running average: 86%.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>

TWATO.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away, shanks' pony out, shanks' pony back, missed a bus by 2 seconds again.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM. <click>

Wheeler Dea <click>

Scotland Yard "the Grand Junction case (1961)". The dismembered body in the canal, identified by a tattoo of an edelweiss.

UFO bollox on Blaze: Rendlesham forest again.

Craig Charles UFO bollox: lights off Ireland.

Maigret "The vanishing M. Owen (1997)". Dire review on imdb but I thought it ok.

Massive Engineering Mistakes. Suez canal block by Evergiven ship. Pennsylvania: Easton sinkhole: cracked cast iron water pipe. Canberra Australia: bridge collapse during construction due to inadequate shuttering. New Orleans Louisiana cable stay bridge found to have corroding cables due to unexpected vibration in rain storms plus cracking polythene shrouding.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 December 2023, 09:27.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Proper lie-in this morning, in that I half-woke at seven, went back to sleep on seeing the time, and woke up naturally at a little after half nine instead

It's been a rainy night and now it's a rainy morning, though I think there's a pause at the moment. Should clear up by lunchtime but it'll remain cloudy. It's currently 9°C and it seems that's the high for the day; the barometers are down some more at 1007/1015mB

Comment

Breaking news: my nieces, who were going to have Christmas dinner with their mother's family, have decided to come to us (at my sister's) instead. I was thinking it was going to feel a bit bleak this year with both our parents gone and the girls (actually women) not there, so that'll brighten the occasion up a bit

Comment

The Furlough Diaries: Day 2
                    Feeling a bit lost with nothing to do. This first time on a furlough is taking a bit of getting used to. I might need a hobby.

Sun's out following overnight and early morning rain. Cold though and rain expected later, so I won't be going out any time soon.

Christmas shopping now done and "out for delivery" according to the app... though I do miss the days of humming jaunty Christmas carols to myself whilst standing in a long line of disgruntled last-minute shoppers in John Lewis.

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

A selection of items of clothing are in the WM. This means that I really ought to put away all the laundry that is stacked up on the dining table/draped over airers so I have some space to put it when the WM is done.

Comment

Working...
                      X