• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Going to give VMWare Workstation Player a try instead of Hyper-V and see if that behaves nicely.
    do it properly install ESXi that should give you bragging rights!

To be fair 10 years ago VMWARE workstation was rock solid for me.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

In bin day news, I didn't bother putting the recycling bin out as it was less than half full, so there's no need to bring it back in. No idea of the mystery hand put out any of the black bins but if they did, they can bring it back themselves

Just checked, and bin day at the new place is Tuesday

Comment

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls

Comment

VMWare seems to be working. Managed to get it built and running in-between meetings

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In bin day news, I didn't bother putting the recycling bin out as it was less than half full, so there's no need to bring it back in. No idea of the mystery hand put out any of the black bins but if they did, they can bring it back themselves

Just checked, and bin day at the new place is Tuesday
            Still time to pull out.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Still time to pull out.
              One thing I've learned about the new place is that on certain days of the week, I can leave my rubbish and/or recycling outside the door of my flat and somebody - possibly elves, possibly just the cleaners for the common areas - will take it to the bins for me!

Not sure if it's also their responsibility to put the bins out and bring them back in again, but it could be that I'll no longer have to concern myself with knowing when bin day is as the servants will be dealing with that

Comment

Tea has been one of those thick-cut ribeye steaks with chips, fried onions and beans

Accompanied by the reserve episode of Trucking Hell. I'm curious to know the thinking of the person who decided it was a good idea to load a lorry with a mixture of gas canisters, poisonous inflammable chemicals, and lithium batteries

Before the, the car was the International Harvester Scout, and the gold diggers did their usual thing, though I missed the end of it because I was trying to achieve that fine balance between properly searing the steak and not setting off the smoke alarm that's located just outside the kitchen

Comment

Lovely beach walk this afternoon (having cancelled all meetings), and now, in preparation for being jabbed twice tomorrow, it’s TFBSZ.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Still time to pull out.

Pleasing post count (on the mod scale) 360360
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was Independence Day (1996) because I hadn't watched it in a good while and it's fun - and it's also been upgraded to 4K now, though I'm not sure if it already had been last time I watched it. Anyway, as I say, it's fun

Got to be up for a family Zoom thing in the morning so I'd better get to sleep now

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X