• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an interesting discussion with a person from IT quality.
    I've suggested that her change of mind will cause a delay in the project, and can she send me a copy of the document she used to make that decision
    She's said it won't cause a delay and that she has done most of the paperwork already.
    To which I replied "if you can do all of that in the background with no input from us, that's OK then"

...that prompted her to say that no, that was not what she meant.
    She's now gone off to search for the document that tells her how to make a decision.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Well on my project before Covid I outlasted permies.

On my current project I'm outlasting my "assigned" recruitment consultant as well.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

More from the solicitor! Full steam ahead - well, half steam, because legal stuff

Anyway, she reckons we might be good for a completion date in about two weeks, allowing for the time it will take for the mills of whatever branch of the government is giving me free money to do their grinding

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Well on my project before Covid I outlasted permies.

On my current project I'm outlasting my "assigned" recruitment consultant as well.

Comment

Tea: burger and fries, being one of those caramelised red onion and steak burgers in a seedy bun with a bit of caramelised onion chutney and sweet chilli sauce

I tried adding a Perlin noise texture to the floor on which the charged-particle-spitting pyramid stands. It kind-of worked: it only appeared on the area x,y > 0 to start with, but it worked OK once I'd sussed out how to apply a translation to the texture. Not sure I want it there anyway, but I already had some code for creating a texture from noise, so I thought I'd stick it in and see how it turned out

Comment

Popped out the back as usual to check the big gate and that the cars haven't been molested, and the gate to the little compound where the ex-landlord's nephew keeps building materials was open!

I cautiously approached and could hear someone moving around in there, then saw a light. I was in two minds whether to challenge them, as it's pitch black and totally out of the way there, but on the other hand, it was probably just one of the local junkies, who are a craven lot for the most part and will clear off when told to. So I banged on the gate and called out to whoever was in there… and it turned out to be the nephew

He'd stopped in as he was in the neighbourhood, and getting some stuff ready now for his crew to pick up in the morning saves him coming over here tomorrow. But he was very grateful that I'm still keeping an eye on his compound for him

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

The car earlier was a Datsun 510; very much a car for aficionados only, I reckon

And the gold diggers show covered some of the slightly more successful ones this time

Then a bit of old Police Interceptors

And finally, the Air Crash Investigation into Northwest Airlink Flight 5719, a controlled flight into terrain that happened primarily because the captain was an arsehole

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Overcast out, but not raining.

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 15.1 deg, 16 deg in the kitchen, 14.5 deg in the leanto.

Wet & getting wetter.

1014 mBar, 29.943 in Hg, 760.56 Torr, 14.71 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 77% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers took away next door's accumulation of glass & paper earlier, and I wasn't the one who put it out for collection last nigiht, which made a pleasant change.

Back on 23rd Feb 2019 the updated date for the end date of VR had arrived, being two months later than expected, a crap film was mostly FFed through and NF visited the Chinese again.

Amazingly enough IC next door managed to put the recycling out last night, the glass box containing my three jam jars, the remainder being stuffed to the gunwhales with wine bottles. Glad I don't have his liver. I suspect it wouldn't go well with fava beans and a nice chianti to boot.

It's as grey as a 's arse today. Very November.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y, Sliced Bread on electric heaters, TWAO.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional drizzle.

Some minor potching with the garage doors, putting a couple of pieces of timber along the bottom to discourage the vermin a little.

Tea: penultimate portion of not very fiery chilli con carne with rice, the last of the pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91*1.5 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S14 E16 BMW Mini MC40: basically they did a 100,000 mile service, plus replacing the headlining & returning the suspension to standard factory settings. Bought for $5k3, total $7k89, sold: $9k. Amusing enough in its way I suppose.

"The secret genius of modern life" on BBC2: the bank card: that was rather inneresting. Especially the rebuild of "The Thing" as presented to the USSR to the US Ambassador in 1945. The recreation seemed less efficient, probably due to not using the sort of power the Reds would have hit it with in Moscow.

Wheeler Dealers S17 E5 Land Rover Series 1. Apparently it's expensive & complicated. Ah. Originality. Oh Dear(tm). Bought for £16k (without an argument, lower offer or anything). Then it turns out to be a Bitsa. Bitsa this and Bitsa that, and Bitsa the other. Hope they washed the nerve gas off it. Total: £25k3, sold: £35k.

It's gone to Jersey so the MOT check doesn't work.

Lost Worlds with Ben Fogle on 5+1: From Stroma to Swona to St Kilda. Good programme. I'm glad I don't live on an island that small.

I thought EO had told us tales of his time on St. Kilda & indeed my memory was correct. .
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 November 2022, 23:40.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X