• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy and dull. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 26 expected. There is an occasional breeze. Sun is due to poke through the clouds at some point. Barometer continues its slow descent and is at 1016 mBar.

Slept ok, woken at a silly hour (I refused to look at the clock) by lorry type shenanigans outside. Then by the primary school entry system which makes a high pitched 'peep, peep, peep' noise when someone presses the buzzer on the main door. What's more annoying is that it doesn't stop peeping when the door is opened; it just keeps going for about 30 seconds each time.

Comment

Ah, we're back are we?

In fact, I knew we were as I've just been busy with the new admin people sorting things out

Still a few broken threads, but I'll see about getting them fixed this evening

Comment

Thanks Nick!

I think the broken threads can stay broken. I was tempted to create loads of new threads in General so the first page was just filled with broken links

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Tea has been leftover kebab and chips

This is why it's always worth getting the large kebab - even if you don't finish it at the time, the leftovers make for an easy meal later

Comment

The bicycling people must have been having a rest again, for the opal hunters were on, achieving a modicum of success.

Then later, new gold hunters and they all seemed quite happy with their results too

A strange find for one of them though: his detector picked up a lot of objects on or very near the surface under the grass, such as coins, a knife, a tin matchbox, and so on; and he quickly realised that he'd found the last resting place of a gold hunter who had died at that very spot in the remote wilderness about 150 years ago

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Gloomy, grey, rainy day out. A blessed relief after the past heatwave! Currently 16°C, so not actually cold with it, but the day's high will be 18°, so at least things will get a chance to cool down. The barometers are up very slightly at 1001/1009mB

Funny to think that less than a couple of weeks ago I seriously thought about putting the central heating on, then thought "No, I'll stick it out for one more day, until the start of September" - but the next day, I was flinging the windows open and getting the fan set up in the office

No sign of the good doctor since the forum started breaking. Hope it hasn't put him off completely and he returns now it's fixed

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with occasional glimpses of blue. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Rain forecast this afternoon onwards. Barometer down a bit to 1015 mBar.

I got a little bit chilly overnight, what with the window open and just the duvet cover so I might put the duvet back in the cover later.

Comment

Morning.

Saturday: never happened.

Sunday: never happened. NZ cop things, JoPx2. 2nd part of Waco thing. The bollox on Blaze that I forgot about on Friday leading to watching tv until 01:50.

Monday: never happened. JoPx2. Neil Oliver & his iRon Age thing.

Tuesday.

Dire night's sleep: woke at 04:00 due to some dream or other about work, got up for a slash, read book, tried to get back to sleep: no good: read more of book until 05:50, then turned on radio & finally returned to the land of nod until 08:30. Which was good enough.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet.

Cooler in here at 22.7 deg, 24.5 deg in the kitchen, 21.5 deg in the leanto.

1007 mBar, 29.7366 in Hg, 755.3 Torr, 14.6 psi, (unchanged), 77% RH (GDR hair), 77% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 11th of July 2019 the assembled congregation was wishing covbob & family good luck, while Darth Father was present in WTFH's abode.

It doesn't like editing much.

Lunch: baked potato, beans, etc.

Freecell score: 95%, running average: 86%.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 86%.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: Colonel March of Scotland Yard: "The deadly gift". E22.

Scotland Yard: "The case of the smiling widow" 1957. With the Lugubrious Mr Lustgarten, Roger Delgado (Italian again), Glyn Houston (police driver).

Ghosts US. S2 E The one where the lawyer decides to become a singer.

The Human Jungle.

Maigret S4 E2 Lock Number 1. Syphilis is nasty.

Neil Oliver and those nasty Roman bastards.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 September 2023, 09:04.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I got a little bit chilly overnight, what with the window open and just the duvet cover so I might put the duvet back in the cover later.
                      I reckon I'm restoring the duvet tonight. Probably just the thin one for now

Still raining here, getting heavier now too

Comment

Working...
                      X