• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of July 2019, in those sunlit preplague days, it was raining here, whist NF was watching sports in a film and I extracted a chunk of beef from the freezer for Sunday lunch.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2023, 17:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Hazy sky (weather app says fog ). Currently 19 degrees with a high of 28 forecast. Haze to dissipate to reveal a sunny day. No breeze to speak of. Barometer down to 1024 mbar.

The delicate sound of roadworks is wafting in the window from across the way. That plus the ongoing building works in the primary school over the road (dunno if it's RAAC related or co-incidence) is making for a peaceful start to the day.

Comment

Following the lack of CUK forum availability, I grudgingly did some work. Then a box of plants arrived and I had to deal with them. However, it's too hot outside at 29 degrees so I'll leave that to do later.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Following the lack of CUK forum availability, I grudgingly did some work. Then a box of plants arrived and I had to deal with them. However, it's too hot outside at 29 degrees so I'll leave that to do later.
          What plants?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

What plants?
            Gardening Express were selling off a load at a quid or two each so I've got a peace lily, some lobelia, a gooseberry (which has some nasty spikes!), bacopa (never heard of them before but look pretty), a fuschia, a dahlia and something else that looks like a daisy but has a much fancier name.

I'm supposed to have two colours of lobelia but they both look the same, which isn't a problem really. Just want them for a bit of ground cover. The bacopa are also supposed to be two colours and I'll soon find out if that's what I actually got.

Comment

Links ought to be up, but whoever looks after the server nowadays seems to have done something to break it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Links ought to be up, but whoever looks after the server nowadays seems to have done something to break it
                The linky no worky

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The linky no worky
                  the dropdown preview works though??

Comment

It's broken even more now - the forum index page did contain the correct link but it redirected to the broken one (an internal vBulletin thing that I had to do a huge amount of work to fix), but now it's putting the broken link in the HTML too

Comment

fubar then

Comment

Working...
                      X