• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works looking at Latest Posts at the top of the forum.

I can even see the images which for some reason my browser has a tendency to block on most threads.

Now the images have gone again. Pah.
    Last edited by ladymuck; 4 September 2023, 15:43.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      It works looking at Latest Posts at the top of the forum.

I can even see the images which for some reason my browser has a tendency to block on most threads.

Now the images have gone again. Pah.
      I've just reposted the thread and it worked this time, so that's probably what you just saw

In other words: links are up

Not sure why the images are a problem. I serve them from my own domain, so it could be something to do with mixed secure and insecure content as my site isn't https yet

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Morning.

Monday.

Woke unbidden a couple of times, read book at 05:45 until I managed to fall asleep again.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.9 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 18.5 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 76% RH (GDR hair), 76% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of July 2019, in those sunlit preplague days, it was raining here, whist NF was watching sports in a film staring Dave Bautista and I extracted a chunk of beef from the freezer for Sunday lunch.
        Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. 34 bus out. It was very busy so I just managed to catch the 34 back by the skin of my teeth.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons toasted crust, bramble jelly & marmalade on slices of toast, a yellow corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, I can edit it now. That's progress.

Of sorts.

8 lawns mown. Fecked now.

Had to take a break coz I was feeling rather odd, heart rate turned out to 115bpm, with oxy at 95%. Took ages before it dropped to amore reasonable 80bpm.

Tea: chicken in white sauce with rice n peas, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bill Nighy taking the Cambrian line along the north Wales coast. He popped in to "I'm not a number I'm a free man" without mentioning said number.

Joy of Painting. was strong in this one. Where did those mountains come from?

Joy of Painting. . Canvas painted white top half, black bottom half, sea scape with mountains. No .

Ghosts US. Quite funny. Liked the ghost trap.

Read book.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 September 2023, 20:51.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Popped round to the chemist's about the missing items on the prescription, which turned out to be sitting waiting for me in a bag on the shelf at the back, right next to where the other bag had been

It's unpleasantly hot out there, and far sunnier than I would choose

Comment

Note from the neighbour, advising that the big move occurs tomorrow and preemptively apologising for any disturbance. She had a van here today too, but I think that was moving smaller stuff while tomorrow is the furniture.

She also confirmed in passing that she's been renting, warning me that estate agents might soon "make an appearance" as she believes the owners are planning to sell up (which, of course, they have to if they don't want to live there themselves).

So after tomorrow, I'll have empty flats above me and next to me! Just need the people on the floor below to move out and I can start learning to play the tuba

Comment

Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

And after that, I went and removed the duvet from the bed, leaving only the duvet cover. I was on the two-thirds duvet after the recent cooler weather, but it's been a bit warmer than needed for the last couple of nights, and this week it's predicted to not cool down much at night anyway. It's currently 25°C in the bedroom with the windows open, so I don't think I'll freeze

Comment

According to Tado my bedroom is at 25.1 degrees with the windoze open. I have the 3 tog duvet on.

Currently watching the new series of Mortimer and Whitehouse: Gone Fishing. Not a programme I've ever watched much of but it's nice to dip into the occasional episode.

Comment

Quick
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Visit

Comment

To

Comment

Working...
                      X