• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Or should I say "my fellow Carolingians"

Grey start out ("fog" says the weather app, incorrectly for right here as usual). Looks like there's been some rain overnight, and more is expected this afternoon. Currently 14°C with 19° due later, and the barometers are steady at 996/1004mB

Comment

Colleague being sombre about the Queen on Teams. They obviously aren't aware that I've been tulipposting on Twitter about it since approximately five minutes after the news was announced

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dark.

Dank.

Damp.

Dreary.

Cooler in here at 20.5 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.589 in Hg, 751.56 Torr, 14.532 psi, (up from 998 last night), 73% RH.

Friday.

Meanwhile in a different age, back on 20th December 2018, nothing much had transpired other than watching some films and repairing the 50m extension cable (finest Chinese crap version though the cable turned out to be actual copper rather than plated iron). Disease remained rampant with BR14 recommending hot toddies as cure alls.

Freecell score in the drizzle: 91%, running average 85% (84.989%).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Naughtie waffling on.

Part of the 96 gun salute on BBC News: loved the Jersey version with actual muzzle loading cannon.

The fat toad ex of Downing Street couldn't be arsed to do his hair even today.

Normality has resumed to some extent: The Archers was on until it went <click>

Next batch of bol and next batch of chilli con carne duly made & awaiting their respective sojourns in the freezer. There seems to be something wrong with the chilli powder, it's not very hot.

Might go for a walk now the drizzle has buggered off for a while.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unexpected sunshine.

Tea: the last of the M&S lightly dusted plaice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E9: A day off, or a clip show by any other name..

The Sweeney S2 E5 "Hit & Run": the one where Carter's wife is murdered by Dr Who by mistake.

The Sweeney S2 E6 "Trap": another nasty newspaper reports & two ex con slags are out to get Regan.

The A Team: Bounty 2: gosh. One that was actually watchable.

20 minutes of the thing about Vietnam on PBS: the glories of the Kent State shootings.

Gilmour live at Pompeii 2016: the Comfortably Numb bit. .

Feck me you could cut steel with all those lasers.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 September 2022, 22:16.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but reasonably bright. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 19 expected. Rain forecast off and on throughout the day. Barometer steady at 1003 mBar.

As is usual, I like to listen to the radio before going to bed. To my dismay all BBC channels were broadcasting the same Today programme presenters drivelling unending waffle and speculation. I'm sad Queenie has died but we all knew it was coming. There is absolutely no need for wall to wall chat that adds xero value and I guess it's going to be like that for the next 10+ days until the funeral and coronation.

Comment

Morning all

The WifeTM and I were married 11 years ago today.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

From the Government Mourning Guidance: "Photographs of Her Majesty should remain displayed until further notice. Details of the arrangements for changing photographs or pictures of Her Majesty, which may be displayed in official buildings, will be announced in due course." Shame, I'd imagined a crack team of blokes in overalls working through the night to swap them out for pictures of the new guy

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Morning all

Happy Anniversary!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all

Yeh. Cheers WTFH. Wish mine was still around, really fancy some company this morning. Meant to go to a singing group but forgot due to doing *** business accounts.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Just noticed that Amazon Prime is promoting James Bond: No Time To Die as today's recommended video

Comment

The sun has come out and the risk of showers seems to have dissipated.

Lunch was a toasted ciabatta with n'duja, basil and mozzarella - made by HWMBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X