• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

It means they've found a way of making a rotary dial 100 times more complex...
    I looked them up on the Mira website and yes, that sound about right. Some models can even be controlled via a phone app, though I can't think of any good reason for that other than freezing or scalding a second party who's in the shower without having to leave your armchair

Comment

Morning all
      Raining here and have to take The WifeTM to hospital this morning for some checkup or other.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It means they've found a way of making a rotary dial 100 times more complex...
        49 of the settings are 10oC
        50 of the settings are 75oC
        1 of the settings is "just right"
        But with a digital shower they can randomise which position on the dial that is.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy but it looks more wispy than fluffy. Currently 15 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Low chance of rain (heard that one before). Barometer down to 1006 mBar.

Not feeling it today, whatever it may be.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The car earlier was another repeat, this time of a Fiat Panda 4x4. Currently SORN, but its MOT is good until January. And that was followed by more of the opal hunters doing their usual scratting around
            Where do you find that? The MOT site has "no details".

I hadn't previously noticed in the property description that it has a "digital shower". I assume that means it's either on or off?

My shower (BBE 1968) has no dial, the temperature is varied by the water flow and/or a tap that won't turn.

Which doesn't matter since showers are always cold after I realised that the polybeads in the cavity wall insulation were probably attacking the cable in the cavity *so I disconnected it by removing the fuse.

*It took a number of years before than occurred to me. No idea what state that cable is in. Polystyrene & PVC do not play well together.

Morning.

Dry.

Gloriously golden sunshine after days of grey gloom.

Cooler at 20 deg in here.

1004 (ish) mBar, 29.648 in Hg, 753.06 Torr, 14.56 psi, (down from 1005 last night), 74% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

Which posting returned me to 27th December 2018 where all the celebrations were over, NF was watching Die Hard 2, Xogg was amazed that we watch all this "old" stuff (Frankenstein (1931) being mentioned), various shoppings and cookings took place, and Xmas was as far away as possible.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, yellow corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of rather more toasted toast than the usual run of the mill not so toasted toast that usually arises, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&&: inneresting bit about bedbugs in hotels & airbnbs. This was the reason I gave up working away. .

TWAO until it got so tedious that it went <click>.

Walk (slightly abbreviated & slightly altered route) walked in the glorious sunshine and blue sky.

Some minor potching in the garage re the remote control lights: turned out I've forgotten how I built the damn thing & the bit I want to alter requires a stepladder to access it.

Fitted the recharged NiCd battery to the ESR tester.

Tea: chicken in white sauce (which proved explosive in the microwave) with rice n peas, the last of the mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM which repeatedly went <click> as the assorted presenters exceeded my tolerance for bulltulip.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E12 Alfasud !.5 TI. Another Italian rustbucket that's managed to avoid the scrapyard.

Taxed until December, MOT until next June.

The list of MOT failures is impressive.

The Sweeney S3 E3 "Visiting Fireman": the stolen "gold" shipment lost in Turkey: Jack gets warned off by the funnies.

The Repair Shoppe: secret WWII book radio.

The Sweeney S3 E4 "Tomorrow Man": Jack gets involved with those new fangled computer things: with John Hurt (looking very young) and George Cole.

The Sweeney S3 E5 "Taste of Fear": the one where the new Sgt hasn't got bottle.

Mach a Seo! The Black Isle. Which, as it happens, isn't an island. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Or something.

National Park Mysteries: Hawaii Volcanoes: don't take rocks & sand it pisses off the volcano god/goddess.

N. P., Joshua Tree N. P. Giant Rock again, along with Critzer the self detonator, George Van Tassel, UFO conventions in the desert, and the Integraton. At least they found some different Ancient Aliens lunatics to do the talking heads bits. .
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2022, 07:39.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Where do you find that? The MOT site has "no details".
              On the Vehicle Enquiry service site: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Comment

Breaking news from London: somebody in the office took the Tube to work this morning and sat next to Rishi Sunak. How are the mighty fallen!

Comment

Breaking news from London: somebody in the office took the Tube to work this morning and sat next to Rishi Sunak. How are the mighty fallen!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

^^^ There's only one suitable vid for that:

On the Vehicle Enquiry service site: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/
                    Yes that's the one I was looking at: untaxed with no MOT details and the wrong colour.

According to pistonheads it was back on ebay a year or so later.

Which returned me to later on 28th December 2018 where I made the mistake of watching "Magnolia" which I apparently found interminable though Igmar Bergmann thought it wonderful. .
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2022, 12:02.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

As the cortege leaves Buckingham Palace, I can report that my colleague in London has an excellent view down into the temporary urinals in Horseguards Parade

View of Horseguards Parade from upstairs in the Old Admiralty Building. Crowds await the procession. In the distance, the Houses of Parliament.

Comment

Working...
                      X