• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Offer on flat accepted!

All round to Nick's for the CUK Christmas do (thanks for organising, very kind of you)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

All round to Nick's for the CUK Christmas do (thanks for organising, very kind of you)
      Two good pubs within five minutes' walk

Well, I say that, but one I haven't been in since I lived in that area in the mid-1980s, and the other I was last in around 1999

Comment

Yesterday and today, my secure government phone pinged around this time with a text message telling me that despite the police cordon around Whitehall, the office will be open tomorrow. Why do they need a cordon around Whitehall anyway? Are they expecting a mob with pitchforks because the Queen died? Or because of who the new Prime Minister is?
        Today's text and email warns that crowds in the area are expected to increase from tomorrow onwards, and recommends working from home if possible. That's what comes of putting the office at the other end of the Mall to Buck House, I suppose

Comment

The rain has barely stopped all afternoon.

Much laundry done, however, and it's all draped about. I have empty washing basket nirvana until bedtime.

Comment

Evening all & congrats NF.

TNCB 131955Z 09015KT 060V130 9999 SCT019 BKN022 BKN030 31/25 Q1010

Today’s dive sites;

Bachelor beach - usually heaving as it’s one of the few 10m^2 of sandy beach on the island.

salt pier - another must do site usually heaving. We were one of three trucks when we arrived with 12 there when we surfaced.

Bari/house reef - becoming a favourite due to ease of location and accessibility

Comment

Tea: pork chops (cooked just right by the Remoska), chips and beans

Comment

Ents was Booze, Beans and Bhajis: The Story of the Corner Shop on iPlayer. Originally aired in 2016 and available for 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ents was Booze, Beans and Bhajis: The Story of the Corner Shop on iPlayer. Originally aired in 2016 and available for 10 days.
                  That looks interesting, thanks

The car earlier was another repeat, this time of a Fiat Panda 4x4. Currently SORN, but its MOT is good until January. And that was followed by more of the opal hunters doing their usual scratting around

Then a couple of new episodes of 24 Hours in A&E - only available for a month, though I assume they'll end up on All4 in near-perpetuity eventually

Time for bed now. I ought to get a good night's sleep, as tomorrow I need to make up the time spent ditzing around with the estate agent this afternoon

I hadn't previously noticed in the property description that it has a "digital shower". I assume that means it's either on or off?

Goodnight all

Comment

I hadn't previously noticed in the property description that it has a "digital shower". I assume that means it's either on or off?

Goodnight all
                    It means they've found a way of making a rotary dial 100 times more complex...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out ("foggy" according to the weather app) but we start out below 10°C for the first time in a good while, to wit, 9°. But it's still expected to reach 21° later. Meanwhile in air pressure land, the barometers are down again at 1000/1008mB

Comment

Working...
                      X