• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note to self: washing up makes finger nails soft thus making it harder to shell pistachio nuts

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Evening!

Well I’m in the EU in a nice hotel.

I managed the trains and Manchester Airport without too much trouble, though I couldn’t book the fast-track cos it didn’t work on my iPhone.! No matter though because a member of staff ushered me to the ft queue because I was ‘elderly’. I was both highly indignant and pathetically grateful at the same time.

Also, I didn’t realise how embarrassed I’d be going through the non-EU customs line. ?
      Fleeing the country now you're no longer under the personal protection of the Sovereign?

Comment

Tea has been lamb shank in red wine and redcurrant sauce out of the freezer, with chips and peas

They take up quite a lot of freezer space, shanks

Comment

The car earlier was a Messerschmitt KR200. Oddly, this showed as untaxed since 2015, the same year the programme was made; but the mystery was explained when it was sold to somebody who was taking it to Sweden. Probably a better place for it TBH; the roads are a bit emptier, and if it were to meet a moose it would probably just go underneath it

And the opal hunters had their usual fun and games. Then the motorway-adjacent police whilst dining; and finally, the gold hunters, who all seemed reasonably satisfied with what they achieved this time around

Goodnight all

Comment

10l of apple juice in the freezer. Now TFBSZ.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start to the first day of the definitely-post-Elizabethan-age, and it feels a bit chilly too

It is, in fact, 11°C and may reach 18°, without any rain being expected. The barometers are up a little at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue skies, mist in the valley, feeling autumnal.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Rubbish night's sleep but it's done now.

Grey.

Sunless.

Dry.

Chillier at 16.9 deg in here.

1022 and a bit mBar, 30.194 in Hg, 766.94 Torr, 14.83 psi, (up from 1022 last night), 72% RH.

Tuesday.

Meanwhile in the even more chilly days of January 2nd 2019 NF was eating orange creams (to get rid of them & part of the 5 a day) and watching 84 Charing Cross Road, I was watching some prog or other about Waco and the lunacy of SepticLand, the Feebs, and BATF.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, quite warm in places up there, a damn sight more so that this frost pocket.

Met the Bird Man on his weekly census of the water birds.

Went to Wilko to buy some washing line which was in stock last week & has disappeared since, couldn't find any knicker elastic in there either, nor in Morrisons, this last having washing line but the queues were such I gave up & left.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toasted sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freesell score in ennui of the afteroon: 75%, running average 85%.

More cataloguing of assorted semiconductors. I think I've found most of them now.

Discovered that the "permanent marker" that I used to write on labels on some plastic drawers appears to false advertising since half of it is now invisible.

Tea: M&S lightly dusted plaice (I'll be glad when this is gone), some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S12 E16 Citroen HY Van. You can stand up in the back. Who'd have thunk? Throw away the Citroen lump & put in a Ford Pinto 2.1L engine. Failed its first MOT (not that it requires one). Taxed to October 2023.

The Rookie S2 E9 "Breaking Point". The one with the Allen key.

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E11. Lady with two impressive cysts, chap with a large lipoma on the side of his neck, lad with acne, lady with nevus sebaceus of Jadassohn.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 September 2022, 22:13.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

A bright morning. Much wispy cloud but lots of blue sky poking through. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up a touch to 1023 mBar.

I forgot to report yesterday that I spent a good while bashing a ground spike into my lawn so I could have a proper washing line. Very therapeutic activity, I must say. The rotary line I selected is a touch on the larger than expected size but it'll be fab for getting bed sheets dried and aired. I now have a towel wash ongoing with which to christen the line.

Comment

Got a towel wash on here too - should be done at just the right time for the minimal gap between meetings this morning

Comment

Working...
                      X