• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car earlier was a Citroen HY, a popular van on the continent back in the day, it seems. They did quite a good job of this one, putting in 240V power in the back and what have you. Currently taxed until October 2023, which means the tax must have been renewed in the last couple of weeks or so

And later, The Repair Shop featuring, among other things, a very blue bear who acquired a purple waistcoat during his sojourn

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
      CBS, etc, very autumnal.

In other news, the fire that won't go out is producing a clear plume of smoke this morning. I admit that yesterday around 6pm I went out and stuck a metal pole into it to get some air in the centre of the ash, but didn't expect it to do anything.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Greyish start out, though apparently there will be some sun getting through the gaps from time to time. Currently 12°C and it may soar to 20° later. The barometers are steady at 1018/1026mB

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer up a smidge to 1024 mBar.

I think I heard the refuse collectors doing their rounds. On reinspection of the council website, I realise I misinterpreted what they said about collections. They said no collections on Monday and collections would be a day later. I took that to mean Monday's collection would be a day later, not all. Never mind.

Comment

Re the Citroen HY van:

https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C914124

When the restoration took place, a full masterworks inverter/ charger system was installed. This has since been removed professionally and can be negotiated as part of the sale. This system cost £6k to fit and can be included in the sale.
            Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Colder in here at 16.9 deg (18 deg in the kitchen, 14 degrees in the leanto).

1022 and a bit mBar, 30.1944 in Hg, 766.94 Torr, 14.83 psi, (down from 1023 last night), 72% RH.

Wednesday.

Meanwhile back in January 3rd 2019 a new builder was sourced to finish off make the late parents' house livable in* after the previous builder went tits up, I went to Bath with my sister, got pissed, and came home, while NF made sausage rolls & Covbob did a nice rant about other stuff.

* This didn't include curtain rails with the result that there still aren't any curtains 3 years later and the place looks like a tip. His late grandmother must be spinning like a top.

Shopping trip to Tesco done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Equipment failure on the front garden path when the handle pulled off the Tesco(tm) "Bag for Life"(tm) depositing a third of the groceries on the floor, but fortunately not the eggs which were in the other Tesco(tm) "Bag for Life"(tm), this one being made out of natural fibre rather than natural plastic.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato (this last being freshly purchased from Tesco(tm)) on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengette tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y phone in until the irritation level passed bearable leading to <click>.

It's quite odd that the old copper wire POTS never led to someone sounding like they're underwater. Unlike whatever was being used today.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Tea: meatballs with rice n peas, some pear halves, a yog or two, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM until Jacob Rees M<click>.

Ancient Aliens bollox: King Tut, Akhenaton, Tutmoses, Moses, Ark of the Covenant, The Babylonians, The Knights Templar, Scotland, Newfoundland, and finally, you guessed it! Oak Island! Taaaaaa rah!

Wheeler Dealers S12 E17 K reg VW Corrado: £1200. Nice looking car. I've seen bits of this before, specifically in TPD: the antilock brake thingie: good to see someone desoldering something the correct way. . Still taxed. MOT until October.

The Sweeney S3 E10 "Pay Off": the one where a woman's boyfriend has disappeared. Permanently. George gets his rocks off.

The Repair Shoppe: the Secret Wireless one from last week, said secret wireless being built into a large book to hide it from the Nazis. Feck me it looked lethal it must be said. The inevitable teddy bear. A pair of dressmaker's scissors. Repaired by more or less the last chap who knows how. Brought a tear to my rheumy old eye thinking of the dressmaker's scissors belonging to Strangelove Mater that got sold with the Singer treadle sewing machine, along with a pair of pinking shears. A leather satchel.

The Sweeney S3 E11 "Loving Arms": the one with the demented Christian Scientist lady with Addisons Disease whose hubbie is turning cheap Colt replicas into real pistols, well ones that blow the user up. Apparently Ray Winstone is in there somewhere.

The thing on BBC Alba about fossils of dinosaurs found in the Western Isles, then: Mach a Seo! south of Kintyre: Davaar.

Dr Pimplepopper. Chap with a cyct obscuring his left eye. Woman with a large cyst on the bakc of her head. Woman with formication.

National Park Mysteries:Montana's Glacier NP: The lighted orb outside the fence of a missile silo turning on and off all sorts of warning lights. UFO spotted by campers. Ah, al ist klar: Uncle Adolph has an underground bunker there and retired there after the war. .

National Park Mysteries: Mount Shasta National Forest:

Stone me, forget the 5 a day, now it's 30 a week:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/forget-fiv...123322176.html
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 September 2022, 07:40.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch was a ham cob, to see off the last of the ham

No crisp experiment today

And following on from yesterday's towel wash, it was time for a tea towel wash. So that's done and draped

Comment

Lunch was a fresh baked baguette thing with tomato and salami.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  In other news, the fire that won't go out is producing a clear plume of smoke this morning. I admit that yesterday around 6pm I went out and stuck a metal pole into it to get some air in the centre of the ash, but didn't expect it to do anything.
                  TFTWGO went quiet most of today, but The WifeTM has just come in to tell me there's smoke billowing from it. A quick inspection reveals flames in the centre. Time to load it up with more garden cuttings.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Evening.

Well, the workshop was a great success and all parties end up shaking hands rather than strangling each other.

I’m back now, twiddling my thumbs for an hour till my train turns up.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Tea: chicken tikka masala with rice and naan. Very tasty

Comment

Working...
                      X