• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon denizens

Rather Simpsonesque out, and reasonably mild at 22°C. Barometers are remaining reasonably steady at 106/1014mB

I have an infection in my right middle ear, which is very uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Light gardening done for the day, as left hand is now a bit red and swelling increasing. Have been instructed to take the dog for a short walk then to stay inside with my hand above my heart.
      I’ve also been told to take off my wedding ring and watch “while you still can”
      a bit of piriton is a good precaution, I get about 1 bite a year that swells up, pop a pill and ok. If I don't its off to A&E
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Visit to the parentals done. Forms duly signed. Moved one of my Mum's ISAs to their current account. Mum can't remember the secret word for a second but there's no online reset facility and a third is missing its password. Fortunately one of the two can be dealt with in a branch so we'll do that after I get back from holiday.

Comment

Nice fry-up for tea

Comment

Tonight's viewing has been the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E :

There was an establishing shot of an ambulance, and the E and m of "Emergency" weren't on the same baseline as the rest of the word. Very shoddy workmanship

Going to get an early night now due to the inevitability of Monday

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunnyish start out, though there's assorted bits of cloud scattered about the place and it seems likely (80%) to rain this afternoon. The barometers are holding at 1006/1014mB, though actually down a touch if you venture into the decimal places

Comment

Morning all

Wasn't allowed piriton, so I got cetirizine instead and had to sleep with a pillow under my arm to keep it above the rest of my body. Swelling has reduced this morning, and it's now at the itchy phase.

Apart from that, it's murky out with light drizzle. If this continues, I'll be out with the fertiliser later on the grass.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky with just some high level wispy stuff. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Low chance of rain. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

Rubbish night's sleep. Antsy legs preventing me getting comfy then I woke at my old favourite, 4.30am and had to listen to some discussion about female farmers to get me back to sleep. Was awake before my alarm and then, of course, dozed off when the Today programme started blathering at 7.30am.

Only working today and tomorrow, then off for a week and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all

Wasn't allowed piriton, so I got cetirizine instead and had to sleep with a pillow under my arm to keep it above the rest of my body. Swelling has reduced this morning, and it's now at the itchy phase.

Apart from that, it's murky out with light drizzle. If this continues, I'll be out with the fertiliser later on the grass.
                    Ah, piriton, magic stuff, sleep like a log after that.

June & July used to be the months when I was asleep as my head hit the pillow.

Glad you're recovering since there still 30 hours to wait for the ambulance.

Morning.

Looks dry but there's a very fine misty type rain araining.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 21.5 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.66223 in Hg, 756.1 Torr, 146.62 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 69% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine aglowing.

Curious night's sleep, finally woken by some oik revving the balls off something loud on the road outside.

I must say that the new houses up the hill have brought in some ridiculously loud motor vehicles.

Whilst back in 5th/6th December 2018, the shawarma place across the road from NF was imminently opening, whilst Strangelove Sis had found Another Builder to replace the previous oik, and WTFH was unimpressed with that Scotland.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Discovered the lack of the wallet when only halfway there.

Thankfully not halfway to Tesco or that would have induced tears.

Lunch: poached tomato (two since they were getting a bit squashy) with scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade slices of toast, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news: it's pissing down now & getting dark enough to put the light on.

Trying to get my head around the suggested (by the fat cat vice chancellors) £24k/year fees for university.

Stone me, I'm glad I'm an .

Freecell score in the ongoing drizzle: 90%, running average 85%.

The drizzle it is adrizzling whilst it's now not possible to see the other side of the valley. There's tidy then boyo.

The grass is looking greener already.

Some minor hacking of the overgrown mint, the inevitable 10 feet of brambles, the honey suckle and some of the bushes overhanging the garden path.

Something has shat upon the path near the pear tree, and judging by the funny colour it's either been eating beetroot, blackberries or it's imminently dying.

Tea: the container defrosting in the fridge that was labelled up as "lentil soup" proved, unexpectedly, to contain cooked apple, therefore two containers that really did contain lentil soup were extracted from the freezer.

Took a long time to defrost but eventually:

Tea: lentil soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, stewed apple & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E11 VW Splitty microbus bought from Septic land for $14k. I watched this a couple of Saturdays ago.

Oooo look: prevailing torque nuts getting loose & failing:

https://www.boltscience.com/pages/th...orque-nuts.pdf

Alias S5 E4 "Mockingbird": looks like Alvin's off back to gaol whilst The New Girl is off on a job with Sydney & Co.

Alias S5 E5"Out of the Box": the chap in the box is revived & isn't who they think he is.

More bollox on Blaze, this time about Nostradamus which stopped any of The Ancient Aliens nutjobs appearing, which was good.

Alias S5 E6"Solo": not Han or Napoleon but The New Girl on her first solo assignment. On an oil rig in the south China sea. Amy Acker appears again. She's A Bad Girl.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 August 2022, 22:36.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all,

EGFF 22 0820Z AUTO 12009KT 9999 BKN005 OVC023 18/17 Q1012

Grey and dull outside today.

Last night's viewing was Trainwreck: Woodstock '99. Docu-series on Netflix showing what happens when you try to recreate the Woodstock experience but replace the peace and love ethos with frat boys and profit.

Comment

Working...
                      X