• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 19.1 deg.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.687 Torr, 14.67 psi, (down from 1014 last night), 71% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine: swan count: fishpond: 2, first pond: 0.

One less horsefly mother****er since what happens to things that try to suck my blood happened to it. :

Very pleased to see that the monoculture of equisetum (as produced by the extensive use of weedkiller that equisetum ignores completely) on the parental grave has been strimmed within an inch of its life, along with the arum lilies in the jampot, which had been there all of three days.

Only slightly extremely irritated. .

Well who knew this was a thing?

https://gb.pipingrock.com/horsetail/...AaAgCGEALw_wcB

And there was me thinking it was weedkiller.

And, of course, about the only thing that kills it is Agent Orange.

But only if you crush the stuff before spraying it so the cuticle is damaged.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y until I decided silence was more satisfying than a programme consisting of the great unwashed whining about rail strikes.

Thing about J. Edgar "Mary" Hoover at 13:45. Yesterday dealt with his hatred of Martin Luther King Jnr.

Today's ep was about the little people fighting back.

Freecell score: 88%, running average 85%.

Tea: battered cod, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering Ingrid Bergman.

Farscape S3 E16 "Revenging Angel": The cartoon one. .

Wheeler Dealers S15 E22 Fiat 124 Spider: the rust bucket one.

Bit too much Motor Mouth in this one, though the mechanicking is inneresting enough.

FBI S1 E18 "Most Wanted".

The Bad Skin Clinic S4 E4: zit central: big cyst. Hailey Hailey disease: genetic skin problem, rosacea, elderly chap with a gigantic lipoma on the back of his neck.

Memo to self: when pulling up goosegrass wear gloves: it saves hours of irritation afterwards.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 June 2022, 21:37.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start out, currently 18°C and threatening to reach 25° later; the barometers are steady at 1007/1015mB

Feeling very slightly less bad in some ways and a bit worse in others today. My sore throat has become exceptionally sore, which is annoying, but the weird lightheadedness that plagued me yesterday has gone away

Comment

Morning

No trains. No tubes. Lots of buses

Getting warmer.

In a meeting.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

And another meeting.

Comment

Waiting for someone to come and do an EPC assessment on the flat I'm moving out of. I have a hunch they'll be a no-show due to the strike but, seeing as the company demanded I confirm the appointment six times and then sent twice daily reminders once they finally twigged I'd confirmed, I will be very annoyed if they don't turn up.

Comment

Lunch: pâté on toast

At least I was able to eat something; this time yesterday I couldn't have done it, and I struggled a little today. But not having a bottle of Lucozade wrapped in orange cellophane, I need to keep my strength up somehow

It tasted a bit odd, so it looks like the lurgy is mucking around with my sense of taste/smell. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse, though I suppose it'd be easier to lose weight if I never wanted to eat anything

Comment

My dad is flying in to visit (supposed to be tomorrow morning, but the flight was cancelled and he rebooked for tonight). Current estimates are a 45 minute delay on the flight, and I'm trying to track back what sector the plane is doing now. At one point I thought it was a 2 hour delay, due to it being stuck in Venice, then Glasgow, but it's a 320, not a 319, so it's delayed somewhere else.

Anyway, it keeps me occupied when I should be working.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Isn't it the longest day of the year today?

All downhill from now on...

Comment

Between meetings I decided to wash my car. Found a shady part at the front of the house and it's now looking a bit cleaner.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Between meetings I had lunch.

Stir fry.

Meetings over for today as managed to get out of another meeting.

Comment

Working...
                      X