• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky in parts.

Impressive moon last night. I looked at it through some binoculars.

Cool in here at 18.6 deg.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi, (down from 1020 last night), 73% RH.

Tuesday.

Back in 2018 I was busily watching two versions of "On the Beach" (1959) and (2000).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom with occasional sunshine.

Entertainment: the half of "Discovering Matthew Broderick" that I missed due to cooking dinner last night.

Two swans on the fishpond.

Two swans on the first pond.

TV Times purchased.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on R4 before it became too irritating to bear further, hence <click>.

Good to see below that NF uses similar scientific methods of cooking to my own.

Measure? Wot's a "measure"? .

More tediouis "gardening" done: another binbag or two of crap filled. How does this crap grow so fast?

Tea: Tesco battered cod, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering William Hurt. Last one. Back to S1 E1 tomorrow.

Farscape S3 E9 "Losing Time". The electric parasite one.

Wheeler Dealers S15 E16 1965 Plymouth Barracuda.

They're putting a 2014 Hemi engine into it.

Oh. That was the original idea, now they're turning it into a drag race car for no readily apparent reason.

Apparently after the first part of the programme the shell was put into storage for a year.

FBI S! E17 "Apex".

The bad skin clinic: the usual lipoma, a couple of earing induced keloids, and a chap with advanced lymphodema.

Thing on S4C about Port Talbot FFS. .

Even more alarming, it featured Captain Beany. FFFFFS.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 June 2022, 22:45.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back to back meetings for most of the morning

Still, the new sprint is now started, so I've grabbed myself a moderately interesting ticket to keep me occupied for a bit. No doubt the standard process will take place whereby I add a test and uncover a bug that was introduced two years ago but which nobody has ever noticed before, and end up spending a week sorting that out

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Back to back meetings for most of the morning

Still, the new sprint is now started, so I've grabbed myself a moderately interesting ticket to keep me occupied for a bit. No doubt the standard process will take place whereby I add a test and uncover a bug that was introduced two years ago but which nobody has ever noticed before, and end up spending a week sorting that out
        Does that not mess with your velocity stats (or whatever it is)?

Comment

First load of washing on the line, run chase on the radio, teams meeting about something that I shouldn't be involved in, but am the only person who understands the problem.

…Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Does that not mess with your velocity stats (or whatever it is)?
            Yes, it doesn't help

But we tend to be cautious about estimates now after being caught out by things like that several times, so often other stuff gets done quicker than expected and it ends up not looking too bad

Comment

Speaking of estimates, I couldn't remember how much pearl barley I usually add to the soup. "Not as much as that" turns out to be the answer

But I had room to add some more water, so it's back to acting more like soup than like a single lump of stuff

Comment

Lunch, then, was chicken and pearl barley soup; though it's the tarragon that's the unsung hero of the recipe

Accompanied by a couple of slices of multiseed bread

Still quite pleasant out

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring… well, not actually closed

My right knee was grumbling going over the hill slope, and it was too warm, so I did a shortened route. I might make it up by scuttling back and forth to the kitchen or going down to the bins

Comment

Went over to Ealing Broadway to see the house I spotted yesterday. It's very nice and the pub on the corner did a good G&T. An offer has been put in so will see if I get it. If not, I'll stick with Richmond but it was so quick and easy getting into town for my Portuguese class afterwards.

It's a bit warm out.

Comment

One of our foxes was out early enough for the cameras to pick them up in colour.

Now TFBSZ
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X