• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon.

Went to an Amazon locker to pick something up. Someone has spray painted it with "I pay 0.37% tax"

I think I will go back to using the other one which is equal distance away.

I refused to move out of the way for an adult cycling on the pavement.

They didn't ask me to move.

They didn't try to push me out of the way as there were too many passers by including other cyclists who were all cycling on the road.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Looking at the forecast for next week, it's going to be scorchio! Peaking at 31 degrees on Friday. I'm supposed to be going to Taste of London in Regents Park, I'll fry!

<-- me after 5 minutes in the sun

Comment

Don't fancy that either. I'm a total vampire these days.

Had to go next door again earlier to lift my elderly neighbour out of the flower bed again. Don't fancy being 90.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Tea has been roast gammon with chips, fried eggs and beans

Accompanied by a repeat of The Repair Shop, sadly with commercial breaks; but at least it's one I've not seen before

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Looking at the forecast for next week, it's going to be scorchio! Peaking at 31 degrees on Friday. I'm supposed to be going to Taste of London in Regents Park, I'll fry!

<-- me after 5 minutes in the sun
            I've got to go down to London on Thursday and we're supposed to be going and having a picnic lunch in St. James's Park. Hope they get a spot under a tree - due to travelling time, I'll be arriving during it. Don't want to have to sit out in the sun

Comment

Take a parasol, just in case. Or a hat.

Comment

Watching the latest follow up on The 15 Billion Pound Railway (which cost a bit more) on iPlayer. I knew about some of the problems as London Reconnections covered much of it but still an interesting watch.

Comment

TFBSZ
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

No telly today other than The Repair Shop whilst dining. But I finished reading Evelyn Waugh's Sword of Honour trilogy, and then read Nevil Shute's What Happened to the Corbetts

Monday tomorrow. We need more of them there Bank Holidays

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A sunny start, but while I was in the shower it's suddenly clouded over. Currently 13°C with 19° predicted, barometers up a bit more at 1017/1025mB

Comment

Working...
                      X