• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Bonus points for spotting it pulling up
    Just after I'd posted that I checked again, and the bonnet of his van was visible on the side road! So I scuttled around getting the bags and putting my looking-far-away glasses on, headed down, and got to the front door just as he did

Comment

Realised I hadn't posted my Mum's card for Mothers' Day, so I popped out to do that.

Took my camera as I wanted to have a play at getting some of those long exposure shots of cars driving past (makes for fun light trails). It was harder than expected because there's no bloody traffic these days. Managed to get a few that I'm happy with. Now to decide whether to choose the best long exposure shot or one of the ones I took at Chelsea Physic Garden where I've faffed with depth of field.

It's bloomin' cold out. Still dry but feels a heck of a lot colder than the 7 degrees my weather app claims. Ah, it's a 'feels like' 4, which is probably about right.

I need to organise some dinner but it's a bit late to eat too much now. Maybe I'll have some cereal.

Comment

The spindly little body long leg spiders eat the big ugly house spiders. But the latter are what you want around your home - they're the main nasty bug eaters.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Realised I hadn't posted my Mum's card for Mothers' Day, so I popped out to do that.

Took my camera as I wanted to have a play at getting some of those long exposure shots of cars driving past (makes for fun light trails). It was harder than expected because there's no bloody traffic these days. Managed to get a few that I'm happy with. Now to decide whether to choose the best long exposure shot or one of the ones I took at Chelsea Physic Garden where I've faffed with depth of field..
        Mother's day over here is the same as the yanks. None of that "Mothering Sunday" malarky. She's reconciled to that,

Have you tried doing star trails? Much cooler than cars.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Roast Big Chicken dinner for tea, and exceedingly nice it was

I've got a lot of soup making to do; might start the lamb stock off in the slow cooker overnight

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Have you tried doing star trails? Much cooler than cars.
            It was cold out so cars it was. Too much light pollution here for stars anyway. I will have a go at stars if my Antarctic trip happens in December (plus a solar eclipse!).

Comment

Bins have been a-trundled.

Comment

As previously mentioned, I did a delayed-from-last-week trundle yesterday, so no further trundling for me this week

Comment

More from The Terror tonight: S1E5 First Shot a Winner, Lads (TV Episode 2018) and S1E6 A Mercy (TV Episode 2018). The second of these was in large part utterly ridiculous; I know it's not supposed to be that factual, but this was just silly

Back's playing up a bit. That's what comes of getting up early

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Reasonably bright but cloudy. Dry. It's currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 5) and will just squeak into double figures early afternoon. Rain expected this morning after which there is a chance the sun may battle through the cloud to brighten things up a bit. Barometer up to 1003 mBar.

TFIF. Had a rubbish night's sleep.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    Bishop Barry Rogerson ordains Church of England's first 32 women priests in Bristol Cathedral 1994

Comment

And here comes the rain. Hurray.

Comment

Working...
                      X