• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the box tonight, more from The Terror: S1E3 The Ladder (TV Episode 2018) and S1E4 Punished, as a Boy (TV Episode 2018). Definitely starting to stray from historical verisimilitude into horror film territory now, but nobody ever pretended it was a documentary

Early night now so I can get the car to its MOT in the morning, assuming it hasn't blown away

Goodnight all

Comment

Very dark at the moment.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Very dark at the moment.
        Very light at the moment and windy....

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

It's reasonably bright under the cloud and dry. Windy, with much rattling of window panes going on. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 7) and that's the high for the day with it steadily dropping from lunch time onwards. Rain expected this afternoon. Barometer has dropped to 992 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          European Union bans the sale of cosmetics that have been tested on animals 2013

Comment

Morning denizens

After a windy, rainy night, the weather app informs me that it's currently still raining. In reality there's currently no rain, the sun has just come out as the sky is clearing in parts, and the wind has also dropped quite a bit

Supposedly 8°C at the moment, though the Met Office says 7°; 979/986mB. More rain likely later but it seems more likely to be showers

Now to hastily guzzle my coffee and take the car up the road for its MOT

Comment

Morning, back is absolutely killing me after I bought a new chair, I've tried every possible combination of adjustments so not sure if it's my body objecting to finally be sat right after years of bad posture
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Oh, and todays weather report for the North of England...

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Morning, back is absolutely killing me after I bought a new chair, I've tried every possible combination of adjustments so not sure if it's my body objecting to finally be sat right after years of bad posture
                  I had the opposite when I recently bought a new chair!

Comment

Dropped the car off safely, then headed home with the traditional stop at Greggs for a sausage and bacon baguette, which TBH is the only reason I accept an MOT booking so early in the morning rather than a more civilised time after lunch.

Had to queue outside for nearly ten minutes, as it's an absolutely tiny shop and there were about four people ahead of me - only two people in the shop at a time, and that's pushing it on the social distancing IMO. Then there was a massive communications breakdown, at least in part because the girl behind the counter had the quietest voice imaginable and was unable to deal with the concept of talking louder.

The upshot was that when I'd thought she was saying I'd have to wait a minute for the bacon, she was also asking if I'd like to do without instead, so I ended up with a sausage-only baguette. Also, there must be an international ketchup shortage, as I've never seen so little sauce applied; it was less than you'd need to coat a couple of french fries. And finally, for some inexplicable reason it turned out she'd managed to hear "large milky coffee of some description" in the words "sausage and bacon baguette with extra sausage and bacon and tomato sauce", so I ended up with that too, which I don't want as I drink my coffee black.

Anyway, I had some bacon in the fridge so I quickly fried a couple of rashers and stuck those in there, along with my own red sauce, to achieve the minimum viable product. The coffee's going down the sink.

Next time, I might as well just buy the plain baguette and supply the rest of it myself

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Wet.

Sunny.

Grey.

Windy.

Windy.

Very windy.

Warmish at 17.2 deg in here earlier.

Grey clouds now.

997 mBar, inHg, 53% RH.

Thursday according to the racket made by the refuse disposal and recycling engineers at differing times.

Another night of odd dreams.

Woke at about 05:30ish, listened to the wireless for a while until Farming Today came on, then went back to sleep.

Ye Giante Ratte of Sumatra remains remain on next door's lawn.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich x2 on Morrisons oat & barley loaf, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sky is currently a very bright white though the sun's not out.

<hiatus>

More scrap extracted from the shed & put in assorted crap piles, also some ancient sealed beam units extracted from some very wet boxes in the garage & stuffed in the boot of the soon to be scrapped R reg Corolla.

Afternoon entertainment: Motorway Patrol (NZ) wherein one is regularly amazed at how polite everyone is, scrotes & all.

In other news, the pane of glass that's regularly fallen over in various gales has done it again, but this time it didn't survive intact. Ho hum.

In Trucking Hell type news, the NZ towies don't seem to bother much about extracting halfshafts or propshafts when doing a front tow.

And back we come from the aunty podes to the northern caliphate to see how different the UK is in this regard.

Oh yesss, it is a bit different.

Rather upsetting: youngish female illegal immigrant from Eritrea found walking on the hard shoulder of the M6x at 03:00.

Not a word of English, wanted to go to Canada.

"Where am I?"

"West Yorkshire"

"Is that a country?".

Well sort of.

There was some poor mentally deranged chap that got rescued from the hard shoulder of some other motorway.

These days they don't take them into custody but refer them on elsewhere.

The chap ended up sectioned from the sounds of it.

The illegal ended up in the immigration system & is probably still there.

Tea: chilli con carne from the batch that's not as hot as the bol, with rice, a yog, some tinned peaches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Followed by a thing about the director John Carpenter on Sky Arts which was very mildly inneresting in a very mildly inneresting sort of way.

Emergency Road Rescue: continues to be rather less overblown than Trucking Hell with a lot less removing of halfshafts, though one was removed in this ep.

10 seconds of nonsense about Crystal Skulls on Blaze & the tv got switched off.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 11 March 2021, 22:20.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X