• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sun is shining in the sky, there's not a cloud in sight, it's not raining. Continues cold

Registration for everyone for vaccine finally opened today. I was logged in at 7:05 and it was still the old form - at 7:06 it suddenly changed and I was able to register my wife and myself. We probably won't receive it until May.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Sun is shining in the sky, there's not a cloud in sight, it's not raining. Continues cold

Registration for everyone for vaccine finally opened today. I was logged in at 7:05 and it was still the old form - at 7:06 it suddenly changed and I was able to register my wife and myself. We probably won't receive it until May.
      But getting your name down gets you one step closer!

Comment

Morning denizens

Rained overnight but now it's mostly sunny with huge white fluffy things blundering around up there

Still quite breezy though at ~17mph; currently 7°C heading for 9°, 987/995mB, and chance of rain this afternoon plus lots coming overnight

I awoke like a character in a cartoon with my nose twitching as the aroma of overnight slow cookery drifted through the flat. The lamb bones have now been extracted, vegetables blended, pulse/legume mix added, and diced meat chucked in; so eventually it will all come out as Scotch broth

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Comment

Morning.

Notso breezy earlier.

Semigale now.

Sun's out now.

Grey.

Grey white sky as opposed to the blue white sky earlier.

Cold out though warmish in here at 17.1 deg.

1002 mBar, 29.59 inHg, 53% RH.

Friday.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and awaiting the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk walked.

It was colder than I expected and when I'd reached the res (now half full) and turned back, the wind was biting.

Smalls out of the TD and airing.

Shirts in the TD.

<hiatus>

Shirts out of the TD (it really meant 0:01 this time).

Cottons waiting to emerge from the WM.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich x 2 on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts duly iRoned and hung up to air in the bedroom.

Cottons into the TD.

<hiatus>

Trip down to town to raid the ATM and buy some bits & pieces in Morrisons whilst not supplanting the Sunday morning shop.

Cottons out of the TD.

Bits & pieces duly washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

Cottons duly airing on the banisters.

Freecell score:: 88%, running average 84%.

Entertainment: more of the Police Interceptors.

Tea: Tesco breaded battered chunky haddock (for a change), some more tinned peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: more of the Traffic Cops, back in the northern caliphate where things seem rather more aggressive & unpleasant than Lincolnshire, to be frank.

Another nutter doing 150mph in a brand new stolen golf, chased by plod & helicopter for 80 minutes.

An ancient ep of NCIS as I'd had enough by then, followed by some nonsense or other on Quest about the Bermuda triangle.

During much of the above it's been howling a gale & pissing down as if it really means it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 March 2021, 22:58.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Back to checking the Toyota's MOT status every so often to see if it's been fixed yet…

Comment

Morning

Rain has stopped now sunny with high of 11 degrees though it is currently 9.

Tree surgeons are removing a tree in the street. Heard them talking and they ain't British. Seems we have to import all our skilled workers.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Forum still sucks. Who is responsible for this abortion? Actually don't answer as I will never see the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Forum still sucks. Who is responsible for this abortion? Actually don't answer as I will never see the reply.
                    Nick is doing his best to polish a turd.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Nick is doing his best to polish a turd.
                      that's for sure.
                      afternoon all - hope you're all, <well, almost all>, well.

Comment

Working...
                      X