• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And while I was dealing with the soup there's been a phone call from a pimp about a possible gig. It's an agency I've worked with in the past, and a chap there quite often recommends me to his colleagues when they have something in one of my lines. Going to call him back as, looking at what must be the gig on JobServe, it would be a quick start at a good rate and might even be quite enjoyable. I might not be entirely suitable according to the listed requirements, but hey, that's never stopped me in the past
    Interview on Microsoft Teams at 6pm

Comment

What are you more troubled by, the interview, the time, or the use of Teams

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What are you more troubled by, the interview, the time, or the use of Teams

Good luck!
        Definitely Teams

I'd never installed it up to now, so the agent suggested we should try it out. I downloaded it on my iMac, installed it, logged in (which involved having to reset my Microsoft account password because the bozos don't let the Mac store it in the KeyChain like every other app in the world), and it refused point blank to connect through the link the agent had sent until I quit, restarted it, logged out, quit again, and restarted it again

Comment

Definitely Teams

I'd never installed it up to now, so the agent suggested we should try it out. I downloaded it on my iMac, installed it, logged in (which involved having to reset my Microsoft account password because the bozos don't let the Mac store it in the KeyChain like every other app in the world), and it refused point blank to connect through the link the agent had sent until I quit, restarted it, logged out, quit again, and restarted it again
          Good job you did a trial run! My main annoyance with Teams is not being able to easily switch between accounts - I have my own, the consultancy, the client, and (for a short while) another with the V&A. I have to log in, see which one I used last, invariably have to log out and then log in again (and as you say, you can't store the password). I do sometimes use the web interface with multiple private browsing session but that doesn't always work for meetings, depending on how its been set up.

Comment

Knock 'em bandy Nick!
            <where did i put those bananas? >

Comment

Morning denizens

Absolutely terrible night's sleep. Couldn't get to sleep to start with, then I think I did lightly and fitfully for a bit before being roused by an attack of cramp in the sole and toes of my right foot at about 3:15, which in the end I could only get rid of by getting up and walking around a bit

Seemed to get off to sleep after that, but then was woken comparatively early by the aroma of the soup in the slow cooker. This kept waking me up, so in the end I got up and went and dealt with that; should be ready for a late lunch, or I might have something else and hold it over for lunch tomorrow, to give the flavours time to settle

Outside it's grey and a bit damp from showers overnight, though they're in hiatus right now; 11°C, 1015/1023mB, and any outstanding rain likely to fizzle out this morning, with a chance of some sunshine this afternoon

And while I was dealing with the soup there's been a phone call from a pimp about a possible gig. It's an agency I've worked with in the past, and a chap there quite often recommends me to his colleagues when they have something in one of my lines. Going to call him back as, looking at what must be the gig on JobServe, it would be a quick start at a good rate and might even be quite enjoyable. I might not be entirely suitable according to the listed requirements, but hey, that's never stopped me in the past
              I get foot cramps as well. Also a bad night - sinuses hurting all day. This evening were having haggis (with whiskey) and bubble and squeak (left over mash and cabbage from sunday). The haggis is tinned, sadly, but it's still quite tasty.

Good luck with Teams and the interview.

Coninues cold and wet. Max today was 8. Frost tonight.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Good stuff , I doubt there is much technical you cant manage just tell them you managed to make some of vbulletin work!!

Good luck!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  I get foot cramps as well. Also a bad night - sinuses hurting all day. This evening were having haggis (with whiskey) and bubble and squeak (left over mash and cabbage from sunday). The haggis is tinned, sadly, but it's still quite tasty.

Good luck with Teams and the interview.

Coninues cold and wet. Max today was 8. Frost tonight.
                  Normally a shortage of magnesium for me. I currently take vitamins & minerals including magnesium(I used to take it separately but added vitamin D so it was easy to just take one pill.

I very rarely suffer from cramps now.

Comment

Dinner last night was fillet steak, creamy mushroom sauce and some Broccoli & Carrots.

Ents was Coming 2 America the sequel, actually gently updated for modern sensibilities but it managed to avoid sounding woke. Thoroughly recommended.

Comment

Better log on I suppose, just in case he's early

Comment

Working...
                      X