• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Worked out why the news in the sidebar hasn't updated since 30 September. Just waiting to hear from admin if the underlying problem is because of something he's changed and, if so, whether he can change it back

If not, there's a plan B to get it working again, though it's a bit Heath Robinson
    Heath Robinson with the code base of this forum? I don’t believe you
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The soup came to fruition, so tea has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with multiseed bread

Very tasty, but the flavour should develop even more overnight; and then I've got to find some way to fit five good-sized portions of it in the freezer

Comment

Telly tonight was S3E1 of the Glasgow Central Station thing during and after dinner, followed by E2 of the Brian Cox thing about the cosmos, Universe. And then The Repair Shop

Not so chilly out tonight, thanks to the layer of cloud that remains settled over us.

Goodnight all

Comment

Dinner was roasted lamb with Cauliflower, Broccoli & sweet potato.

ents was
          Ad Astra - sorry I could not really feel any sympathy for either of the main characters both had white whales of their own making.

The Wicker Man Heroic stance reboot - Nick (I wasn't bad in Con Air or the Rock) Cage filling in for EdwardWard Woodward. Pretty girls with arsonist tendencies outwit the weak witted. Not as good as the original.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Hazy this morning. Currently 4 degrees with a high of 7 later. Going to be cloudy all day but unlikely to rain. Barometer sharply down to 1024 mBar.

Slept better. Had to close the bedroom window as it was a bit chilly out. Bed socks were also deployed to warm my toes up for a little while (then later removed).

I normally very much dislike this podcast because the presenters make my fists itch but it was on R4 at 11pm when I was settling down and was actually pretty good for a change. Well, good if you ignore the presenters and listen to the guest. A bit of a morbid topic but a very important one nonetheless. Fortunately... with Fi and Jane - 212. Underpant pyres, death and dying with Kathryn Mannix

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Pubs in England open 24 hours as new licensing law takes effect 2005

Comment

Morning all

Warmer today.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 14.8 deg.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 766.6 Torr, 66% RH.

Wednesday.

I wonder how many scamming scrotes will attempt to phone me today.

After a very quiet patch there were 4 yesterday morning that I was here to ignore.

Walk (unabbreviated & extended, clockwise) walked.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average 84%.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich x2, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Oz customs (repeating repeats) NZ Highway Patrol. The excitement of which is overwhelming.

It's almost tempting to emigrate there if I could cope with the pace of life.

More bramble massacre in the garden, along with some "pruning" of gooseberry bushes.

I was surprised to find it was 15:45 and not 16:30 when I decided I'd had enough.

Getting dark earlier & earlier these days.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken & sausage with carrots and onions (again), the last of the peach slices & a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Sidney Poitier.

Quantum Leap: the one with the bent FBI chap.

Joy of Painting:

NCIS LA: S10 E1 "To Live & Die in Mexico": the first ep after I cancelled sky.

Well that was poor. Looks like cancelling sky saved me from it previously.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 November 2021, 22:00.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day without the added benefit of higher temperatures, though I suppose at least it keeps it warmer at night

Currently 7°C and a high of 8° predicted; though they said that yesterday and we got 9°. Barometers sharply down at 1014/1022mB, probably presaging the rain that's supposed to arrive on Friday. Maybe I'll do the shopping tomorrow, just in case

Comment

Dropped me map while doing toothpaste inspections yesterday. 90m walk to find it this morning. Total cockup of Elvis song at karaoke last night, got timing all wrong then couldn't stop laughing. Can't remember when I last laughed, us miserable old gits don't normally do that.

PS Then came home and died on the toilet in his honour.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Busy day at the coal face.

Popped out to the post office to drop off a parcel for the post survey. It's a bit nippy out and there's a damp feel to the air now. Dull and overcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X